website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Rewatching the 2018 Asian Games:

I don’t know how anyone could watch Wushu (not Sanda) without contemplating taking the sword and stabbing themselves. God this boring!!! (I’m trying to watch ever medal event though, so only 1 1/2 hours too go)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know how anyone could watch Wushu (not Sanda) without contemplating taking the sword and stabbing themselves. God this boring!!! (I’m trying to watch ever medal event though, so only 1 1/2 hours too go)

Taolu won't appeal to Western audience. If Nangun/Nandao/Nanquan is still boring it means the only Taolu event you can watch is Duilian.

https://youtu.be/4WxphPKKzAc

https://youtu.be/Wcpk0QHACIQ

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Taolu won't appeal to Western audience. If Nangun/Nandao/Nanquan is still boring it means the only Taolu event you can watch is Duilian.

https://youtu.be/4WxphPKKzAc

https://youtu.be/Wcpk0QHACIQ

Don’t get me wrong, I respect what the athletes do and understand how hard it is. It really just lacks a wow factor that most sports (even poomsae) have. The Duilian is super cool, I’d already seen that before. It was trending here in the US a few years ago.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

then you should hope Wushu never makes it to the Olympics (even as a temporary sport) because if that happens, we will have Taolu and not Sanda. the international wushu federation only tries to get Taolu into the Olympics.

and btw I really don't think this is worst than Poomsae. Poomsae is simply the most boring thing I ever seen (well maybe 2nd, only after Ju jitsu) :p

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

then you should hope Wushu never makes it to the Olympics (even as a temporary sport) because if that happens, we will have Taolu and not Sanda. the international wushu federation only tries to get Taolu into the Olympics.

and btw I really don't think this is worst than Poomsae. Poomsae is simply the most boring thing I ever seen (well maybe 2nd, only after Ju jitsu) :p

Well at least in poomsae their are awesome freestyle competitions. In my opinion Taolu and Kata are great for self-discipline and training, but not for international sport.

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Unfortunately Sanda looks like unregulated kickboxing for new spectators. Even if China will host Summer 2032, they won't try to add Sanda.

Today was my last of high school!!! I will be graduating with the academic honor of valedictorian and with the honor of scholar/athlete.