website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Trying to attend the Olympics is the most confusing process. I always feel 50 steps behind.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Found some of these interesting, though I still think the majority of Wikipedia pages for these sports have better explanations: 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Griff88 Are woman allowed in the Indonesian military? I’m rewatching the Asian Games Opening Ceremony and noticed a few, but I feel like I’ve never seen any pictured before.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Griff88 Are woman allowed in the Indonesian military? I’m rewatching the Asian Games Opening Ceremony and noticed a few, but I feel like I’ve never seen any pictured before.

Yes, they are... The first time women are allowed was in 1959

1513680676-tentara-wa.jpg

Btw, most average Indonesian attention to women military personnel is a bit "wrong". Mostly some random beautiful personnel became viral or people keep focusing on the controversy when hijab was allowed as part of uniform for those who wish to wear it :dunno:

I’m curious, Does anyone else check the reddit Olympics thread every once in a while? There are some knowledgeable fans, and some not so knowledgeable fans, on there too. The discussions can be interesting as well. This forum is still way better formatted than that one though...and probably has a tighter community. Plus, we seem to know a little more than most.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m curious, Does anyone else check the reddit Olympics thread every once in a while? There are some knowledgeable fans, and some not so knowledgeable fans, on there too. The discussions can be interesting as well. This forum is still way better formatted than that one though...and probably has a tighter community. Plus, we seem to know a little more than most.

Sometimes I do, because it's much easier there not to miss anything that's posted (since every thread has a title named after the actual news they're discussing), but I don't go there that often.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Sometimes I do, because it's much easier there not to miss anything that's posted (since every thread has a title named after the actual news they're discussing), but I don't go there that often.

Same, I just like to see what they talk about sometimes.