website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Is it today also the "fast" day in the Netherlands ? here it is, it is a national holiday, all stores and offices are closed, peoples don´t eat meat :p and you literally don´t hear a single voice outdoor, everyone is at home..

Because I attend catholic school they don’t serve meat on Fridays during lent, because that’s the “fast” day here in the US. I could make some good profit though, by bringing sandwich meat and selling at lunch :p.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because I attend catholic school they don’t serve meat on Fridays during lent, because that’s the “fast” day here in the US. I could make some good profit though, by bringing sandwich meat and selling at lunch :p.

687474703a2f2f32362e6d656469612e74756d62

:p

33 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Is it today also the "fast" day in the Netherlands ? here it is, it is a national holiday, all stores and offices are closed, peoples don´t eat meat :p and you literally don´t hear a single voice outdoor, everyone is at home..

Nothing special here, apart from probably some extra church services for those interested :p 

Well and the shops close earlier, in my town (way more strictly Christian than the rest of the country) they close at 18:00 instead of 21:00 which is the normal time to close on Friday. It's also not a national holiday although quite a lot of people take the day off to have a 4-day weekend (since Monday, or 'Second Easter Day') is a national holiday :d 

Generally though: no, today is just a day as any other.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That's not only in Slovakia. Every normal person should be doing it. 

Exactly. People are nice accepting you in their home and then you'd go in with your dirty shoes and mess up their nice floor, carpet, whatever? Booo.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That's not only in Slovakia. Every normal person should be doing it. 

I am normal and I wear shoes in home and generally we all do that here. But also if a person wants someone to take of your shoes to enter their home then of course you should.

Edited by OlympicIRL

Why would you wear shoes in your own home? :d