website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm European, yet it's not my history. It's the history of, in this case, Paris and France.

It's all about tourism though which is a global thing. Business Insider ranks Notre-Dame as the most visited venue in Europe (Istanbul market has more but when you consider the space available it's a no-contest).

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-50-most-visited-tourist-attractions-in-the-world-2014-3?IR=T

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

ooooh 28 tourists are dead in accident of bus in Madère/Portugal , all of them are German 

Madère is the birth island of Ronaldo 

Ah, I saw 28 people died but wondered if anyone famous was born somewhere near where that happened. Thanks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, bestmen said:

Macron said ;they need 5 years for rehabilit the monument :yikes:

it's such stupid , the monument will lose the historic value

The historic value will without doubt be smaller without the historic roof, but really people mainly knows the towers...

3 hours ago, Agger said:

The historic value will without doubt be smaller without the historic roof, but really people mainly knows the towers...

i magine if they renove the pyramids of Egypt

even this burned roof should stay like that as a part of historic fire

Edited by bestmen

On 17/04/2019 at 16:56, Swe26 said:

the monument will not lose value, its the history of french and european people and it is to be protected

notre dame de paris is a church right?  i forgot to tell you the christianism is not european religion but middle eastern

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

i magine if they renove the pyramids of Egypt

even this burned roof should stay like that as a part of historic fire

Comparing the pyramids with Notre Dame is rather interesting.

Historic buildings are rebuilt or repaired all the time, this isn't much different.