website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

40 minutes ago, Agger said:

Stupid people writing stupid things happens everywhere...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1117844987293487104?s=21

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Almost as many tabs as @heywoodu has...

image.png

I've been working on keeping it under 20 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Just your average France 24 commenters. I'm glad we will never have this problem in the Czech Republic. 

Even a blatant lie:

hZnqSVF.png

Quite a lot of people, including myself, felt heartbroken at all those images of Islamic State destroying monument after monument after monument 'because wrong religion'.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I write poetry from time to time, so on a sad day like this I choose to write one for the French people. (Sorry If you hate it, but I have gained many accolades for my poetry) (I apologize if I misused any French words, they’re all from google translate) (I also apologize if I offend anyone.): 

Brûler

Our Lady, Notre Dame

Stands burning.

The protector becomes the afflicted.

Fathers stop,

Their sons are impatient.

“It’s not everyday Our Lady burns.”

It’s not everyday history is destroyed.

Presidents, Emperors, Popes, Kings, and Queens

All walked her halls.

The Heart of France, Le Coeur de la France

Burns, brûle

A World, un monde

Watches, regarde

Sad, triste

And devastated, et dévasté.

All is lost, tout est perdu.

Silence is broken, sadness is chained.

Voices, voix de paris

Cry out for Our Lady.

Their tone is somber, their hearts heavy.

But together, they cry out for Our Lady.

Our Lady watched Paris for 800 years,

We watched her for one evening.

Beauty, sa beauté

Changes to hideous horror.

Hope will rise from her ashes.

Les Parisiens will rebuild Our Lady.

Her beauty will be restored.

Her scars healed,

But history’s will not.

Today Our Lady burned,

We sit in hushed sadness

Tomorrow we rebuild,

And create new history.

(It takes a lot of courage on my part to post this here, so please be respectful if your critique it.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Honestly, expecting people to care equally about every single monument is bullshit.

I care as much about this as about Angkor Wat or those amazing Assyrian things.

@heywoodu @Agger These are people in France who hate France. They want the culture to be destroyed, many were also wishing for more deaths. While I agree with the point about Syria the amount of rejoicing sickens me. We will never have this problem in the Czech Republic because we don’t have Islamic immigration.

47 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

@heywoodu @Agger These are people in France who hate France. They want the culture to be destroyed, many were also wishing for more deaths. While I agree with the point about Syria the amount of rejoicing sickens me. We will never have this problem in the Czech Republic because we don’t have Islamic immigration.

We would certainly have a handful of people celebrating here too, like you saw in France. A large majority would either be sad or quiet, like you saw in France. 

Il y a 1 heure, ahjfcshfghb a dit :

@heywoodu @Agger These are people in France who hate France. They want the culture to be destroyed, many were also wishing for more deaths. While I agree with the point about Syria the amount of rejoicing sickens me. We will never have this problem in the Czech Republic because we don’t have Islam immigration.

Can you explain ?

Edited by amen09

Il y a 1 heure, ahjfcshfghb a dit :

No one in France is watching France 24...