website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Does anyone know of any specific Olympic or hopeful Olympic athletes looking for funding. I’d like to try and raise money for a few campaigns this year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone know of any specific Olympic or hopeful Olympic athletes looking for funding. I’d like to try and raise money for a few campaigns this year.

There's one sleeping around three meters behind me while writing this :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can only think of Beiwen Zhang (though she managed to raise some herself).

A slightly funny story to those who have seen the Super Bowl commercials, especially the Burger King one ( @phelps, @Olympian1010 and others):

It was shot by the Danish director, journalist and cycling commentator Jørgen Leth for the movie "66 scenes from America".

Leth tells that they had bought 3 different burgers for Warhol to select from.

He actually wanted a 4th, from McDonalds, but it would take too long to get it, therefore he settled on the Burger King burger.

You could therefore call it advertizing for McD, if you know the story :p

2 minuti fa, Agger ha scritto:

A slightly funny story to those who have seen the Super Bowl commercials, especially the Burger King one ( @phelps, @Olympian1010 and others):

It was shot by the Danish director, journalist and cycling commentator Jørgen Leth for the movie "66 scenes from America".

Leth tells that they had bought 3 different burgers for Warhol to select from.

He actually wanted a 4th, from McDonalds, but it would take too long to get it, therefore he settled on the Burger King burger.

You could therefore call it advertizing for McD, if you know the story :p

nice story...

tbh, this was not among my favourite commercial, but at least it has something behind it...

better than all those boring cars and/or telecom companies' ads...

It’s snowing for the first time in a few years in my town. Very,very,very small amount, but it is snow

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s snowing for the first time in a few years in my town. Very,very,very small amount, but it is snow

It ended up snowing a little bit in the night, so some parts of town got an inch or two, but the town is electric (and freezing) today. It hasn’t snowed for 5 years. It’s a big deal when it snows, especially since our Summer is generally filled with 105F degree days

Ikea apologises after leaving New Zealand off a map.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-47171599

Poor @Wanderer :( 

Wait! If New Zealand is not a country, according to Ikea, where did they shoot "The Lord of the Rings" movies then? :mumble:

i7gswqwsq1f21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by wumo26