website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

@MHSN I remember you saying that you save all results. What do you use to save the files (cloud, hard drive, folders), or do you go as far as to print them and make the actual results books

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

@MHSN I remember you saying that you save all results. What do you use to save the files (cloud, hard drive, folders), or do you go as far as to print them and make the actual results books

no I just have them as PDF on my computer

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no I just have them as PDF on my computer

What would you recommend as the best way to save results books, if day I don’t own a computer (I use a tablet instead).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

What would you recommend as the best way to save results books, if day I don’t own a computer (I use a tablet instead).

oh well I'm no expert in this :d I have a laptop and a desktop computer and an external hard drive. I prefer to save things in all 3 of them (at least 2 of them) in case something happens.

btw how do you live with a tablet ? :d I don't know how you guys can type fast with a tablet. while I'm super fast typing with my PC, but typing on a tablet is like a torture for me.

45 minutes ago, MHSN said:

oh well I'm no expert in this :d I have a laptop and a desktop computer and an external hard drive. I prefer to save things in all 3 of them (at least 2 of them) in case something happens.

btw how do you live with a tablet ? :d I don't know how you guys can type fast with a tablet. while I'm super fast typing with my PC, but typing on a tablet is like a torture for me.

I never learned to type, so I got really good at “double-thumbing”. It’s just practice. I only use my phone to post on here. 

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I never learned to type, so I got really good at “double-thumbing”. It’s just practice. I only use my phone to post on here. 

You are so young you don't know how to properly type on a computer yet? :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You are so young you don't know how to properly type on a computer yet? :yikes: 

And your so old that I’m surprised you can still see the screen :p. Am I too urban for you?

2 hours ago, Bohemia said:

This is random but I just realized I had reached 1,000 posts :toast:

Oh, me too actually

7 hours ago, Bohemia said:

This is random but I just realized I had reached 1,000 posts :toast:

I see you've helped yourself towards some celebratory drinking already? :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!