website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

On 22/11/2018 at 19:55, Olympian1010 said:

And the Sentinelese introduced arrows to his face

And now the Indian government is talking about looking for ways to recover his body :facepalm:

I really hope someone there stops that crap and just says "no, we will leave his body there and leave those people alone". Come on, seriously...don't even think about going there and risking the lives of every single person on that island (plus every single person going there)...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And now the Indian government is talking about looking for ways to recover his body :facepalm:

I really hope someone there stops that crap and just says "no, we will leave his body there and leave those people alone". Come on, seriously...don't even think about going there and risking the lives of every single person on that island (plus every single person going there)...

Nope. According to the reports I have seen, there is no proposal to look for his body. It is presumed that he is dead and buried. The fishermen and others who helped him have been arrested as well. 

4 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Nope. According to the reports I have seen, there is no proposal to look for his body. It is presumed that he is dead and buried. The fishermen and others who helped him have been arrested as well. 

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/11/26/world/asia/ap-as-india-american-killed.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Gave some blood today, kinda hurt. I hope it goes to good use, and hopefully not to any of you!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gave some blood today, kinda hurt. I hope it goes to good use, and hopefully not to any of you!

That's nice :). I wish I could donate blood, but unfortunately I can't due to legislation. Hopefully it will change in 2019.

Edited by wumo26

"The five strips of Atlanta Uniteddddddd, going from left to righttttttt, all in whittttttttte." (after around 10 seconds into the video)

The way this commentator pronounces stuff, especially the t at the end of words, is honestly one of the most painfully annoying things I've ever heard.

Serious earthquake in Alaska 10-15 minutes ago, not deep, rather strong and very close to Anchorage..

IntensityMapThumbnails.png?t=1543599617