website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

No, it's anyone's choice whether to go or not. I know it seems really quite traumatic but from personal experience, I found it to be very healing. When my brother died some years ago, he was waked in our home and I thought I wouldn't be able to bear seeing him. But as difficult as it is, it was a real sense of healing, especially having neighbours and family there... it helps get you through the absolute shock and trauma of the situation. But of course everyone is different and everyone grieves and deals with it in their own way. So I understand what you mean with your grandmother and you remembering her as she was, was your way of coping and that's fine.

27 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

No, it's anyone's choice whether to go or not. I know it seems really quite traumatic but from personal experience, I found it to be very healing. When my brother died some years ago, he was waked in our home and I thought I wouldn't be able to bear seeing him. But as difficult as it is, it was a real sense of healing, especially having neighbours and family there... it helps get you through the absolute shock and trauma of the situation. But of course everyone is different and everyone grieves and deals with it in their own way. So I understand what you mean with your grandmother and you remembering her as she was, was your way of coping and that's fine.

Yeah I think it can also depend on the specific situation (apart from people being different of course). My grandma had been struggling with her health for years and it was mostly sort of a relief that she went out in a period in time in which she was doing relatively well. If someone is way younger and pulled out of life all of a sudden (an accident or something like that) it's an entirely different and definitely more shocking situation.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Does anyone else like to make recreations of the Olympics? (I personally have built 3 Summer and 2 Winter Olympic Parks in Minecraft, and use them to host my own miniature games). I like to watch other people who make recreations as well (such as Marblympics)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@bestmen, my biggest Algerian friend ever, you're good with Photoshop/gifs, aren't you? A friend of mine is looking for a 'moving background' on these photos and asked if I knew someone who could help with that :p Honestly I don't know what the plan is with the second and third photos, but with the first one moving clouds would be nice :d Any ideas?

Spoiler

G4pPeQ1.jpg

KIHmbyQ.jpg

Gw3r4UR.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@bestmen, my biggest Algerian friend ever, you're good with Photoshop/gifs, aren't you? A friend of mine is looking for a 'moving background' on these photos and asked if I knew someone who could help with that :p Honestly I don't know what the plan is with the second and third photos, but with the first one moving clouds would be nice :d Any ideas?

154232964992241.gif

faster

Spoiler

154233166749621.gif

the large format

Edited by bestmen

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Quiet night tonight, only two users on right now.

Hi 

5 hours ago, bestmen said:

154232964992241.gif

faster

Reveal hidden contents

154233166749621.gif

the large format

Awesome! :hyper:

And the one with the flags looks cool! :cheer:

I'll send them to him and see what he says, but I'm pretty sure this is what he wants, thanks man :bowdown: