website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

15 minutes ago, bestmen said:

@Olympian1010 do you breathe the smoke , go there  and save this village of Dr Quinn 

Well the smoke is blowing opposite of my town right now, but I live a colder, less windy, and higher elevation. So the fire is quite a distance from my house. However it is an odd time of the year for the whole state to be on fire again. A late winter may be to blame for that. Hopefully some snow and colder temps reaches the mountains and state soon

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

and the  village / studios of the série DR.Quinn , burned completly 

80557c10bd6341473f112d79b34580ff--dr-qui

DrljdgHWoAAQRNh.jpg

Ok now I’m really sad because I realized that this place is actually Paramount Ranch. A place where I’ve run cross country races for 4 years. I fact I ran one there 1 month ago. I hated that course, it was the worst (a lot of hills). I’m so sad to see it like this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Finnator123 said:

1st World War ended 100 years ago on November 11th, 1918.  I don't know if i should be sad or happy about the great war, because that War gave my country independence on December 6th, 1917 :wacko: :mumble:

Happy about independence, sad about it being a small part in a huge war that killed millions of people.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

When you're dead and the funeral stuff has started but then you're actually not dead but just taking a nap.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/dead-man-wakes-up-in-jhunjhunu-its-diwali-for-kin/articleshow/66519793.cms

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

When you're dead and the funeral stuff has started but then you're actually not dead but just taking a nap.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/dead-man-wakes-up-in-jhunjhunu-its-diwali-for-kin/articleshow/66519793.cms

In Ireland, the dead are traditionally "waked" for 2-3 nights in their home, with an open coffin and neighbours and family and loved ones come to pay respects. A man who lives near me (and the brother of my former teacher) once returned home to his own wake!! There was an accident and a man was killed by a car and they thought it was him! His sisters identified his body....but no it was some other man! Imagine his surprise and his family's surprise at the shock of him returning home during his own wake :d

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

In Ireland, the dead are traditionally "waked" for 2-3 nights in their home, with an open coffin and neighbours and family and loved ones come to pay respects. A man who lives near me (and the brother of my former teacher) once returned home to his own wake!! There was an accident and a man was killed by a car and they thought it was him! His sisters identified his body....but no it was some other man! Imagine his surprise and his family's surprise at the shock of him returning home during his own wake :d

And is it considered rude not to go there, or does one have the choice of not doing so? :p 

I mean, when my grandmom died she remained in her home for a few days, in an open coffin, but I made the carefully chosen choice not to go there. I mean, the last time I saw her (a week or two earlier) she was laughing and playing around with her grandchildren, that seemed like a much better last memory of her (or anyone, for that matter) than seeing said person laying dead in a coffin :p