website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

Paavo Nurmi vs Kenenisa Bekele?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Dnia 25.03.2020 o 12:08, rafalgorka napisał:

Hey, olympic fans.

We could discuss, day after day, how the olympics would have lookood like if they were to happen in 2020 as planned.

That could be fun, a nice discussion, good for the hard times when there are no live sport on tv and we are all fighting with this virus,

It could look like this;

Let;s pretend this is day -2, July 22nd

What are your predictions for:

1/.  SOFTBALL - Women's tournament

Australia - Japan

Italy - United States

Mexico - Canada

and a general question considering sotball - do you think playing softball games(opening event for the whole olympics) in Fukushima is a good idea? Is it safe out there after the earthquake and damaged reactor? Would these games be a success to show the world that it is safe and clear over there?

2./ FOOTBALL - Women's tournament

The qualifications haven't finished yet.

What are your predictions for remaining spots?

I say CHINA will qualify with a win over Korea Republic

And CHILE will qualify with a win over Cameroon

I made a kind of draw for groups using FIFA ranking (and a rule that only one team from the same continental association in one group) and the first matches would be:

what are your predictions?

group A

Japan - New Zealand

Sweden - Canada

group B

United States - Great Britain

China - Chile

group C

Netherlands - Brazil

Australia - Zambia

and a general question considering football - will Megan Rapinoe be one of the greatest stars of the Tokyo Olympics? How will her postmatch look like? Any strong opinions from her and interesting statements?

and which player will score the most goals in opening matches?

Let's play the predictons games. It may be fun.

If you like it, I will prepare the questions for day 23th July later,

Greetings,

stay healthy, stay home!

Rafal

day -2, July 22nd

My predictions for:

1/.  SOFTBALL - Women's tournament

Australia - Japan   2

Italy - United States  2

Mexico - Canada  2

Playing softball games(opening event for the whole olympics) in Fukushima is a GREAT idea. It is safe out there after the earthquake and damaged reactor. These softball games will be a huge success to show the world that it is safe and clear over there. Full stadium of spectators on the AUS-JPN opening game, including Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

2./ FOOTBALL - Women's tournament

group A

Japan - New Zealand 2-0

Sweden - Canada 1-1

group B

United States - Great Britain 3-1

China - Chile 3-0

group C

Netherlands - Brazil 2-1

Australia - Zambia 3-0

Megan Rapinoe be one of the greatest stars of the Tokyo Olympics. Her postmatch interviews will be hilarious. A lot of interesting statements.

The player who will score the most goals in opening matches - Sam Kerr, Australia (2 goals against Zambia)

What do you think, my friends? Could it all go that way?

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

definitely Emil Zátopek with finger in the nose

Right, he should have been in there as well. Tight battle between those three, especially Nurmi and Zatopek (although Bekele, though winning less diverse titles, of course competed in the modern era with significantly more competition).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Let;s pretend this is day -1, July 23rd

SOFTBALL – Women’s Tournament

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softball_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

UNITED STATES – CANADA

MEXICO – JAPAN

ITALY – AUSTRALIA

FOOTBALL – Men’s Tournament (after my personal draw, including FIFA ranking, and there is a rule that only 1 team from 1 continental federation in 1 group)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_qualification

The qualifications haven't finished yet,

I say UNITED STATES and MEXICO will qualify from CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship

Group A

JAPAN – ROMANIA

MEXICO* – NEW ZEALAND

Group B

FRANCE – UNITED STATES*

KOREA REPUBLIC – IVORY COAST

Group C

BRAZIL – SAUDI ARABIA

GERMANY – EGYPT

Group D

SPAIN – SOUTH AFRICA

KOREA REPUBLIC – ARGENTINA

General questions:

which players older than 23 years will take part in the olympics tournament? Will we see Messi, Neymar, Mo Salah??? Will we see Mbappe, although he is 21?

Who will score the most goals in opening round of matches?

Edited by rafalgorka
mistake - Mbappe

For the love of God don't let Neymar be in it again to dramaqueen the entire Olympics his way :p 

13 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Nice try, but it's AranycsApat.

yeah, well, my hungarian is somewhere around my Chinese language level...so just the fact that I know these two words and know what they means must by default be necessarily considered as a respectable fact. :p

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah, well, my hungarian is somewhere around my Chinese language level...

If you write a word like this chaos almost perfectly without even looking for it, which is rather impressive, you must be able to write quite some decent Chinese :d 

Edited by heywoodu

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Let;s pretend this is day -1, July 23rd

SOFTBALL – Women’s Tournament

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softball_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

UNITED STATES – CANADA

MEXICO – JAPAN

ITALY – AUSTRALIA

FOOTBALL – Men’s Tournament (after my personal draw, including FIFA ranking, and there is a rule that only 1 team from 1 continental federation in 1 group)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_qualification

The qualifications haven't finished yet,

I say UNITED STATES and MEXICO will qualify from CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship

Group A

JAPAN – ROMANIA

MEXICO* – NEW ZEALAND

Group B

FRANCE – UNITED STATES*

KOREA REPUBLIC – IVORY COAST

Group C

BRAZIL – SAUDI ARABIA

GERMANY – EGYPT

Group D

SPAIN – SOUTH AFRICA

KOREA REPUBLIC – ARGENTINA

General questions:

which players older than 23 years will take part in the olympics tournament? Will we see Messi, Neymar, Mo Salah??? Will we see Mbappe, although he is 21?

Who will score the most goals in opening round of matches?

I expect Honduras and Panama/USA to be there ,but it wouldn't be Mexico