website statistics

Athletes who are not good enough in 2020, but will shine in 2021

For Hungary it's hard to say. Maybe our young women's handball team will improve in the next year? Some of our other young athletes might have been ready to shine this year, like Péni and Major in Shooting. 

On the other hand this is probably it for Katinka Hosszú's gold medal chances... I was already kinda skeptical of her beating Sydney Pickrem this year, and now I am sure that she or some other young talent will beat Hosszú next year. 

Edited by Vektor

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

only young athletes ? because I can name Sohrab Moradi, he is still recovering from a surgery and one more year will give him a better chance to reach his max records. even though he is also getting older and beside that he still has to "qualify" and we have to wait to see the modified qualification rules.

but one athlete I can name is Amir Hossein Zare in wrestling, he is 19 and he beat several world medalists already (including world champion Geno Petriashvili) but I think he needs 1 or 2 more years to become world #1.

also I can name that Russian kid Kurban Shiraev I think he will beat world champion Gazhimurad Rashidov next year to be Russia's representative in Tokyo

Not only young athletes, Moradi seems like an excellent example of an athlete for who this could potentially be a gift from whichever heaven you believe in :d (putting aside qualification issues for a moment)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Portsmouth2032 said:

Lara Trott got injured at the worlds  and probably would have missed the games and Chris Froome maybe back at full fitness so that befits team  gb

Wouldn't it be more likely for Froome to focus entirely on what might be the first Tour de France in two years? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Not only young athletes, Moradi seems like an excellent example of an athlete for who this could potentially be a gift from whichever heaven you believe in :d (putting aside qualification issues for a moment)

actually Moradi is not the only top Iranian athlete recovering from a surgery, Hassan Yazdani (Olympic Champion and probably our best athlete right now) is in the same situation,  I can add Hamideh Abbasali to the list , people who followed Karate qualification probably remember what happened to her ACL a month ago in Salzburg. she is probably the only Iranian female athlete with a very good chance to win medal (even gold medal) in Tokyo.

I was thinking and except some of our basketball players, none of our top athletes were supposed to retire after Tokyo, and the majority of them are young, so at least it doesn't hurt Iran (I mean only from this point of view, of course the virus hurt everybody)

maybe Ihab abdelrahman can have a shot to shine again in men's javelin after 4 Ys of absence , maybe Farida Osman can improve her records in women's 100 fly and 50m free , alaa abouelkassem maybe in foil , Ahmed el gendy in MP he had such a terrific 2018 season , but his curved declined much in mid 2019 and start of 2020 , maybe he could retain his level again and shine in 2021 , Hedaya Malak in taekwondo and Seif eissa after injuries , especially hedaya who suffered from a lot of injuries after her bronze medal in Rio but i'm worried that such athletes like Giana Farouk ( karate ) , Mohamed Ibrahim in wrestling , Feryal abdelziz ( karate ) and Azmy Mehelba ( Shooting ) who had real shots for medals in tokyo decline their level in the upcoming year , u never know what will happen next in Egypt , ofc if the olympics will be held next year which i really hope 

Edited by thepharoah