website statistics

[POLL] Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

• The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be held from July 24th to August 9th 2020 at any cost
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2021
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2022
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be definitively cancelled

2 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Didn't your parents ever tell you that sharing is caring? :thumbup:

Alright, I tried, but I couldn’t find enough evidence to make me comfortable about publishing an article. So, from what I’ve heard, the Olympics will be postponed (it sounds like the IOC has already come to this conclusion). That’s what the IOC will announce in four weeks, and that date has something to do with when they’re legally allowed to postpone the games. 

If that wasn’t interesting enough, I have a little more gossip. There will most likely be no Summer Olympics in 2020. Yep, you read that right. From what I understand, the EB is heavily split on rather the games should be held in 2021 or 2022, though they haven’t ruled 2020 out officially. 

So there you go, that’s the information that was passed to me.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Breaking: Canada will not send athletes to Tokyo unless games are moved. Wow.

Good thing they’re getting moved :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Seems like shit is getting real, Shinzo Abe changed his tune overnight. I'd say Olympics are not going to happen in 2020.

Actually no sporting event probably takes place before September IMO. Dana White talks nonsense about UFC galas but he can be squashed like a bug if some federal law is thrown at him and then UEFA can push with the soccer season in Europe but I'm unsure about that.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, I tried, but I couldn’t find enough evidence to make me comfortable about publishing an article. So, from what I’ve heard, the Olympics will be postponed (it sounds like the IOC has already come to this conclusion). That’s what the IOC will announce in four weeks, and that date has something to do with when they’re legally allowed to postpone the games. 

If that wasn’t interesting enough, I have a little more gossip. There will most likely be no Summer Olympics in 2020. Yep, you read that right. From what I understand, the EB is heavily split on rather the games should be held in 2021 or 2022, though they haven’t ruled 2020 out officially. 

So there you go, that’s the information that was passed to me.

At this point, I'm already working under the assumption that there will be no Olympics in 2020 and the 4 week timetable is merely to decide when they will be postponed until.  So that's necessarily a bombshell.  Goes along with everything that's being reported and what I'm reading on Twitter

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Seems like shit is getting real, Shinzo Abe changed his tune overnight. I'd say Olympics are not going to happen in 2020.

Actually no sporting event probably takes place before September IMO. Dana White talks nonsense about UFC galas but he can be squashed like a bug if some federal law is thrown at him and then UEFA can push with the soccer season in Europe but I'm unsure about that.

I don't want to speculate because I don't exactly trust the leadership of this country to know what the hell they're doing and to be able to help manage the situation.

As for Japan.. this crept up on them pretty fast, but I think reality is finally setting in that they have to make this work.  Although I'm betting they'll be cursing out the Chinese plenty for unleashing this plague on the world and then screwing up their best laid plans.

2 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I don't want to speculate because I don't exactly trust the leadership of this country to know what the hell they're doing and to be able to help manage the situation.

As for Japan.. this crept up on them pretty fast, but I think reality is finally setting in that they have to make this work.  Although I'm betting they'll be cursing out the Chinese plenty for unleashing this plague on the world and then screwing up their best laid plans.

Several countries have screwed up more than China tbh. The total lockdown of EU happened too late, European politicians were naive enough this won't spread as much and now they're fucked. Italy is complete shambles and the peak of the outbreak in Europe hasn't happened yet. Quite frankly the China numbers will look very small when it's all said and done IMO.

Dana White said sth about hosting galas in UAE but he thinks throwing money at Middle East will be more important than health crisis. He's a complete moron.