website statistics

[POLL] Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

• The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be held from July 24th to August 9th 2020 at any cost
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2021
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2022
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be definitively cancelled

I'm very much missing the option "It is too early to decide yet".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm very much missing the option "It is too early to decide yet".

you're right...I should have added that one too, but it was already complicated enough to set up this version of the poll that I didn't think too much to any other option that could make sense...

next time (if there will be a "next time") I promise to do better...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

you're right...I should have added that one too, but it was already complicated enough to set up this version of the poll that I didn't think too much to any other option that could make sense...

next time (if there will be a "next time") I promise to do better...

No worries, I've posted plenty of polls on the Dutch website I write for and half the times I post it and think "crap, I should have added this or that option as well" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't see "Postpone it to September/October 2020" option.

Probably because it isn’t a realistic one...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

They should be held in the set dates as long as:  

- Japan has covid completely under control by that date. 

- Foreign spectators are banned. Only athletes and their supporting staff should be allowed in the country. With strict health controls before entering the village. 

- No athletes are affected by big obstacles that difficult their training (e.g. training facilities closed) by mid April. 

If any of these conditions isn't fulfilled, then I think they should be postponed for 2021. Naturally, the 3rd condition is the most unlikely as things are now.

Edited by LDOG