website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dareza

Spain has crazy good results in Rio. Was there any event where Spain was favorite (except for womens 200 m fly)? Now they have already 5 gold medals (out of only 8 medals in total). I guess they are in the top 3 of most overperforming countries.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Spain has crazy good results in Rio. Was there any event where Spain was favorite (except for womens 200 m fly)? Now they have already 5 gold medals (out of only 8 medals in total). I guess they are in the top 3 of most overperforming countries.

They didn't have many outright favourites that I can think of. Carolina Marin is among the favourites in women's singles badminton but not THE favourite as such.

Congrats to GB, they have a great diversity, despite what many people say. They are inexistant in most team sports, but they know which sports should be funded if they want to win as many medals as possible. Germany should do the same, dropping sports like water polo, badminton, modern pentathlon, triathlon, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming, weightlifting or trampoline.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb OlympicIRL:

They didn't have many outright favourites that I can think of. Carolina Marin is among the favourites in women's singles badminton but not THE favourite as such.

Yes, i forgot about Marin, she should win the gold. Muguruza/Nadal also might have been the favorites, after Federer/Hingis had to whitdraw.

In which percentage the greatest favourites win gold medal?Spain has 8 medals and in 7 of these they were among the best 5 in that discipline, only Walz is a surprise, and when you are one of the best you can win gold.

Edited by Andry84