website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dareza

13 minutes ago, GoHungary! said:

No comment on :HUN boys performances... New all-time low.

The girls on the other hand... :bowdown:

Danuta Kozák 5 times OC, the first ever :HUN kayaker to achieve that.

yes badly surprised by your mens team here. very very poor results. but as you say in the womens side it still work very good :d

Congrats for the very succesfull games :yes I expected many medals for you but wow..Hungary is definitely one of the most positive surprises of Rio 2016

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yes badly surprised by your mens team here. very very poor results. but as you say in the womens side it still work very good :d

Congrats for the very succesfull games :yes I expected many medals for you but wow..Hungary is definitely one of the most positive surprises of Rio 2016

I have to say it's not a surprise. London: 8g, 5s, 2b, same as in Athens. Sidney: 8g, 6s, 3b. Beijing was a bit weaker (3g, 5s, 2b). So Hungary is almost always around the top ten on the medal table. 

Edited by lapaj

I really believed in the 3 womens gold for :HUN. And they did it! :bowdown:

hckosice: I think many in Hungary have mixed feelings about Rio. (I mean the whole not only canoe kayak) On one hand, amazing performance from the 2 three-time champions (Kozak and Hosszu) and the fencing team (2 G 1 S 1 B), some positive surprises like the young swimmer Kenderesi (winning bronze medal in his first olympics after beating Phelps in the heats and semifinal) or the shot putter Anita Marton (first womens medal in athletics since 1968)

On the other hand:

- handball team did not qualify (neither W nor M)

- HUN swim team was about 35 strong, and many strong names who very expected to have a good performance (at least IV-V-VI place) did not even make it to the final, along them 2012 champion Daniel Gyurta

- Disappointing performance of the judo team (along with some referee "mis-judgement")

- Disappointing performance of the wrestling team (along with open _cheating_ by one of the referee's on a HU bronze match)

- Disappointing performance of the mens waterpolo team (for the second olympics V/VI place)

- Disappointing performance of the mens canoe-kayak team (see above)

+ this is not directly sports related: absolutely sub-par commentators on Hungarian public TV covering the OG, with exception of athletics and fencing and a few other disciplines. The guy who covered canoe-kayak sometimes had no clue about what is happening on the track... :(

But I personally would like congratulate to all Hungarian athletes who had a good performance at Rio, no matter what place or medal or whatever!

Edited by dharang

46 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Thanks, I also congratulate to you for that 50 km walk win. :yes

32 minutes ago, dharang said:

I really believed in the 3 womens gold for :HUN. And they did it! :bowdown:

hckosice: I think many in Hungary have mixed feelings about Rio. (I mean the whole not only canoe kayak) On one hand, amazing performance from the 2 three-time champions (Kozak and Hosszu) and the fencing team (2 G 1 S 1 B), some positive surprises like the young swimmer Kenderesi (winning bronze medal in his first olympics after beating Phelps in the heats and semifinal) or the shot putter Anita Marton (first womens medal in athletics since 1968)

On the other hand:

- handball team did not qualify (neither W nor M)

- HUN swim team was about 35 strong, and many strong names who very expected to have a good performance (at least IV-V-VI place) did not even make it to the final, along them 2012 champion Daniel Gyurta

- Disappointing performance of the judo team (along with some referee "mis-judgement")

- Disappointing performance of the wrestling team (along with open _cheating_ by one of the referee's on a HU bronze match)

- Disappointing performance of the mens waterpolo team (for the second olympics V/VI place)

- Disappointing performance of the mens canoe-kayak team (see above)

+ this is not directly sports related: absolutely sub-par commentators on Hungarian public TV covering the OG, with exception of athletics and fencing and a few other disciplines. The guy who covered canoe-kayak sometimes had no clue about what is happening on the track... :(

But I personally would like congratulate to all Hungarian athletes who had a good performance at Rio, no matter what place or medal or whatever!

This, thank you. Perfect summary on my feelings about these Games.

8 golds (fabulously consistent) but missing some other "surprises" that occured every other olympics. 7 out of 8 golds are won by females with the only exception Áron Szilágyi. That's weak boys... very weak.

Edited by GoHungary!

6 minutes ago, GoHungary! said:

Thanks, I also congratulate to you for that 50 km walk win. :yes

youre welcome. Hungary did very well in Rio..well maybe except mens Canoeing...I am also very sorry for your water polo..especially the womens team, they are definitely one of the unluckiest team in the history of the olympics...hope in Tokyo you´ll finally win this medal.:fingers:

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

youre welcome. Hungary did very well in Rio..well maybe except mens Canoeing...I am also very sorry for your water polo..especially the womens team, they are definitely one of the unluckiest team in the history of the olympics...hope in Tokyo you´ll finally win this medal.:fingers:

There are serious problems in our men's kayak team... not expected golds but definitely not such poor performances.

Waterpolo... one of the most heartbreaking thing is that lost bronze medal... for the 3rd time in a row. That's cruel from life but girls did not deserved it based on the last 2 minutes...

Very interesting that Tamara Csipes was banned for 4 months last year and that Fazekas Zur compete for USA in 2011 (both womens k4 500 m).

The hungarian girls were born in 1989 (Csipes), 1987 (Kozak), 1986 (Szabo) and 1980 (Fazekas Zur), i hope that the german team will stay together, then they should win gold in 4 years, considering that 2 of them were born in 1992 (Hering and Kriegerstein) and the other two were born in 1989 (Weber) and 1988 (Dietze).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.