website statistics

Your Own Multi-Sport Event

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I forgot about a host and motto.

I'm afraid it might seem that I lack creativity, but I would choose as the host city the place where I currently live, Joinville (I'm moving back to Rio in a couple months, though). Joinville has a population of nearly 600 thousand people and it hosts the Joinville Dance Festival every year. It was once the largest dance festival in the world, and remains the largest in Brazil. It's also the only place in the world outside of Russia where there's an official Bolshoi Ballet Academy. It would be perfect for the "Discolympics".

As for the motto, I'm in doubt. It could be:
1) Listen to your passion
2) Move to the rhythm of your passion
3) Let sport touch your heart
4) Your heart beats to the rhythm of sports
5) One heart, two passions (i.e., sport and music)

5 is nice. 2 is good too 

Maybe Theme song :

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

@Fly_like_a_don almost finished, but two questions remain

I'm choosing the dates, so I have to consider real sports events to avoid any posible dates conflict?

Does the opening day, or day 0, count for the 10 day timeframe?

Not necessarily. It depends on the nations you want to include and also age category. Since it's our own multi sport event it's not really required to think about other events happening at that time. :d

As such Day 0 counts with opening ceremony ,but then I expected 15-20 entries, I don't think I even have 5.So maybe I can make opening ceremony Day O just to have more participation. 

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I'm choosing the dates, so I have to consider real sports events to avoid any posible dates conflict?

Yes, I've made a list of all real sports events going on this year to help you. Here it is:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, I've made a list of all real sports events going on this year to help you. Here it is:

I asked because my planned dates conflicted with those of Dakar 2022, but I'll probably move it one year later.

15 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Not necessarily. It depends on the nations you want to include and also age category. Since it's our own multi sport event it's not really required to think about other events happening at that time. :d

As such Day 0 counts with opening ceremony ,but then I expected 15-20 entries, I don't think I even have 5.So maybe I can make opening ceremony Day O just to have more participation. 

Noted, I'll do the changes and submit it during the weekend.