website statistics

Wrestling UWW American Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

:CAN Phulka had a huge opportunity to upset top seed former world medalist :PUR Gomez. Gomez was leading 9-0 but then ran out of gas and gave up lots of points still managed to win it 10-7. I think 30 more seconds was enough for Phulka to win it. if Gomez gets tried like this I won't be surprised if he loses his SF to Colombia

42 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm quire sure this guy from :BAR Barbados at 74kg never wrestled before. I wonder if he even watched wrestling before :d:d  he was the worst wrestler I ever seen :roflmao:

the other :BAR wrestler is no better, I wonder if Barbados knew which sport is participating.

but I believe quota is possible for Jamaica from that part, first time in wrestling maybe ? that guy is American and relatively good. will be interesting to see who between Argentina, Jamaica or Peru wins the quota.

I was just going to ask you if it was a "naturalized" Jamaican.

that looks like a free quota for Peru !

:JAM Arthur got injured seriously during his match vs Baez, he managed to finish the match which was very ugly but I highly doubt that knee will let him wrestle properly in the semifinal. Baez could beat him by DSQ if he had 20 or 30 more seconds left. maybe even 10 more seconds

Where can I see these Barbados wrestlers? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Semifinals

57kg:

:COL Tigreros vs :BRA Oliveira

:DOM Ramirez vs :USA Gilman

65kg:

:CAN Williams vs :CUB Valdes

:USA Retherford vs :ARG Destribats

74kg:

:PUR Gomez vs :COL Tafur

:VEN Montero vs :CUB Garzon

86kg:

:CUB Torreblanca vs :USA Taylor

:JAM Arthur vs :PER Ambrocio

97kg:

:CUB Salas vs :PUR Ramos

:DOM Perez vs :CAN Steen

125kg:

:CAN Dhesi vs :PUR Merrill

:USA Gwiazdowski vs :VEN Vivenes

another terrible day for Venezuela, they won't qualify a wrestler for Tokyo. Mejias at 57kg despite dominating most of the match lost because of a trapped arm and gave up something like 10pts in one action ! and Diaz got injured in his 2nd match and was very weak in his last group match vs Steen, even though I think Steen still could beat him even if he wasn't injured.

we were expecting 2 big matches today, both CUB/USA . one of them happened at 57kg with Gilman narrowly beating Andreu. waiting for Taylor vs Cuba. again USA is huge favorite. other American wrestlers will qualify easily, if Taylor qualifies they will have a full team in men's freestyle

Edited by MHSN

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Where can I see these Barbados wrestlers? :p 

I think UWW usually uploads matches after a day or two.

but specially that 74kg was amazing, he didn't know basic things about how to even stand on the mat, that 86kg didn't had enough time to "shine" he got pinned very quick but I think he was a bit better, at least not his first time on a mat :d

Just now, MHSN said:

I think UWW usually uploads matches after a day or two.

but specially that 74kg was amazing, he didn't know basic things about how to even stand on the mat, that 86kg didn't had enough time to "shine" he got pinned very quick but I think he was a bit better, at least not his first time on a mat :d

Thanks, I am really anxious to see that now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!