website statistics

Wrestling UWW American Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

Cuba winning more quotas than Canada in women's wrestling is really surprising , and honestly I think right now in a dual Canada most probably will beat Cuba 6-0 (or 5-1 at least) , Cuba only entered 4 female wrestlers and 3 of them qualified ! :yikes: and I can say none of them are in top 2 in those weights, they just managed to be smart and took the opportunities .

also a very good day for Brazil, both of Brazilian girls won their semifinals 2-1 (one of them 3-1 after a desperate challenge) with almost no real score, only cautions and maybe just 1 pushout. that's the advantage of being very good defensively . women's wrestling used to be much more high scoring but now they are learning from men's freestyle to be more conservative and not give up easy points.

44 minutes ago, konig said:

very bad performance of ours wrestlers........may be Destribats change this, "may be".

well  you never can be 100% sure about anything in sports but I can tell you that's 99% not possible. he has Retherford in his bracket , Retherford most probably will run over him. men's freestyle is more predictable

but I somehow think Bermudez got robbed today, I was looking both mats at the same time and I really didn't understand what happened, Bermudez threw Castillo for 4 and was about to pin her but the center ref stopped the match for a reason I'm not sure if I understood. a second before the throw mat chairman told the center ref to "stop" to probably warn one of the wrestlers for passivity but the match is stopped only when the center ref below the whistle so to me that throw was legit and they should let her continue the action which was most probably pinning Castillo.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Venezuela had 9 wrestlers in Rio.

Still 0 for Tokyo...

Venezuela is not having the greatest qualification to Tokyo. I imagine the recession has hit their sport federations quite hard. It also doesn't help that Pan America did poorly at the 2019 World Champs, only four athletes qualified there vs. ten during the 2016 qualifiers.

Last night we had only 3 withdrawals if I'm not wrong but tonight the second session was one of the most bizarre wrestling sessions, we had no real gold medal match at all ! out of 14 matches listed for second session, (6 finals and 8 bronze medal matches) 9 of them didn't happen and someone won by walkover :facepalm: I guess only Canadian wrestlers showed up completely mostly because they were the host.

I wonder what happened since last night that the number of withdrawals increased massively :mumble: this is interesting because in wrestling you can't simply withdraw ! you need medical proof that you are injured. of course everybody knows the real reason and it's mostly UWW's fault for even having these senseless finals but still rules are rules. I assume since UWW wasn't strict last night with 3 withdrawals, everybody decided to not show up tonight :thumbdown:

imagine what will happen if UWW decides to act seriously and disqualify all of these fake injured wrestlers :lol: all 4 American wrestlers withdrew from the final, Team USA doctor had a busy afternoon making fake excuses or fake injuries :d

15 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Last night we had only 3 withdrawals if I'm not wrong but tonight the second session was one of the most bizarre wrestling sessions, we had no real gold medal match at all ! out of 14 matches listed for second session, (6 finals and 8 bronze medal matches) 9 of them didn't happen and someone won by walkover :facepalm: I guess only Canadian wrestlers showed up completely mostly because they were the host.

I wonder what happened since last night that the number of withdrawals increased massively :mumble: this is interesting because in wrestling you can't simply withdraw ! you need medical proof that you are injured. of course everybody knows the real reason and it's mostly UWW's fault for even having these senseless finals but still rules are rules. I assume since UWW wasn't strict last night with 3 withdrawals, everybody decided to not show up tonight :thumbdown:

imagine what will happen if UWW decides to act seriously and disqualify all of these fake injured wrestlers :lol: all 4 American wrestlers withdrew from the final, Team USA doctor had a busy afternoon making fake excuses or fake injuries :d

53 kg and 57 kg looked to be injured for sure in the preliminary rounds. Don't know about the other two

maybe Argentina has a chance for quota after all but at 86kg, Baez just dominated Canadian Pye, he needs 2 more wins and both of them are winnable matches IMO, I still wonder how come Canada didn't enter Alex Moore :mumble: lost the trials ? but how come he lost to this guy ? Moore beat Russia at Worlds U23. that's no joke

meanwhile no Olympics for Oscar Pino. as I was expecting Pacheco never wrestled freestyle before :( he just gave his leg easily to that PUR guy so many times. Pan American Champion in Greco-Roman is a joke in freestyle and some people think freestyle and Greco are similar ! :facepalm:

I'm quire sure this guy from :BAR Barbados at 74kg never wrestled before. I wonder if he even watched wrestling before :d:d  he was the worst wrestler I ever seen :roflmao:

the other :BAR wrestler is no better, I wonder if Barbados knew which sport is participating.

but I believe quota is possible for Jamaica from that part, first time in wrestling maybe ? that guy is American and relatively good. will be interesting to see who between Argentina, Jamaica or Peru wins the quota.

Edited by MHSN