website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

Viliam Tanko lost his direct quota match in the -57kg to :RUS

Now my question is, if RUS will be banned of the Olympics or for example Russian Boxing authorities already annoounced they will not send their boxers to Tokyo if Russia will have to compete in Tokyo under neutral flag. Will Tanko receive the reallocation ? or the quota will be reallocated in other way ? Pitty he lost today, t would be a huge step and moment for our Roma minority, the guy would be the first slovak olympian from this minority..

O7twv80oSMCw4KvWM9eAPA~Viliam-Tank.jpg?t

Why are (in non-virus circumstances) quarter finals and so on even held in these tournaments when a spot in the QF is all one cares about? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why are (in non-virus circumstances) quarter finals and so on even held in these tournaments when a spot in the QF is all one cares about? :p 

A good question! I suppose completing the tournament enables them to present "medals" and perhaps more importantly give boxers more experience of competing in an Olympic-style event. Otherwise I can't think of any reason for it. I can't believe they are really going to ask the sixteen boxers who have already qualified for Tokyo to turn up for the rest of the qualifying tournament in May or whenever it resumes when it would serve no purpose and only expose them to the risk of infection from Coronavirus.

Now the replays aren't even available anymore on OC, either because 'usage license has expired' (WTF?) or 'Something went wrong while setting up a Google DAI stream'. Right.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Anyway, they have cancelled the rest of it!

postponed...

it's been announced that, if the Olympics are still held this year, the tournament will restart from the exct point when it's been stopped and the already contested fights count...