website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Youtube?

Apparently not.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@phelps I saw some of the dubious African OQT fights are on YouTube, so I'll watch them later. Were there scandals in Asia, of which IOC has the full streams on YouTube? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Caroline Dubois in the very first fight in ring A, let's go :cheer: 

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@phelps I saw some of the dubious African OQT fights are on YouTube, so I'll watch them later. Were there scandals in Asia, of which IOC has the full streams on YouTube? :p 

no big scandals, but some controversial decisions for sure...

the fact that the values on the ring were pretty much clear in favor of the supposed powerhouses and the many spots available didn't require too much manipulation...

I think we're going to see a lot more unfair verdicts in the European tournament (and in fact we already have 1 in the very first bout)

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

and here we have the first controversial decision...

Belarus out and Dubois heavily protected by the judges...:facepalm:

Dubois knocked her through the ring, let's not pretend like literally everything is controversial :p 

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

and here we have the first controversial decision...

Belarus out and Dubois heavily protected by the judges...:facepalm:

Eh! Thought Dubois clearly won the first two rounds. Landed better punches and was more evasive. I had the Belarussian just edging the last round as did two of the judges but definitely the right result.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dubois knocked her through the ring, let's not pretend like literally everything is controversial :p 

didn't watch the first round...and actually I was also very much distracted during the second one, but the 3rd round was dominated from start to finish by the Belorussian...

if we can call one of the other 2 rounds "tight", the outcome is controversial...

however, as I said, I'm only judging round 3 and assuming that at least the second was going more or less on the same pathway...

if you tell me that she dominated the first 2 rounds, then OK...

in any case, Dubois wasn't impressive at all...that 3rd round doesn't speak in her favour (and still 3 judges gave it to her, which is definitely a "home call")...

Edited by phelps