website statistics

Taekwondo PATU American Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

no quota for the host nation Costa Rica, they are all already out, I guess they won't host an Olympic qualifier in a sport with proper seeding system anymore :d

also with Jayden Ishida losing to Colombia, USA won't have a male athlete in Taekwondo, for the first time in history if I'm not wrong

Semifinals so far

Women's 49kg

:BRA vs :PUR

:PER vs :COL

Women's 67kg

:BRA vs :CUB

:DOM vs :HAI

Men's 58kg

:MEX vs :COL

:ECU vs :ARG

Men's 80kg

:BRA vs :HON

:COL vs :DOM

good chance for Haiti to qualify its first athlete

Aruba was also close, Aruba girl at 49kg was leading the top seed from Brazil until the last couple seconds ...

Edited by MHSN

I updated my previous post at the end of all quarterfinals

Brazil is the only Pan-American country capable of having 2+2 athletes in Taekwondo . because Mexico lost to Peru in women's 49kg.

I took those results from MasTKD website and also watched half of them on the livestream. not 100% sure about one of 80kg QFs. between Honduras and Puerto Rico. MasTKD result page shows that 10-9 for PUR but then HON as the winner :mumble:

I wonder why Canada sent this girl to the qualifier and not Yvette Yong !! injured or something or lost the trials ? but as we know Canada still has a good chance to receive the quota in this weight. but nothing is guaranteed they may use this free spot as a wild card.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I updated my previous post at the end of all quarterfinals

Brazil is the only Pan-American country capable of having 2+2 athletes in Taekwondo . because Mexico lost to Peru in women's 49kg.

I took those results from MasTKD website and also watched half of them on the livestream. not 100% sure about one of 80kg QFs. between Honduras and Puerto Rico. MasTKD result page shows that 10-9 for PUR but then HON as the winner :mumble:

I wonder why Canada sent this girl to the qualifier and not Yvette Yong !! injured or something or lost the trials ? but as we know Canada still has a good chance to receive the quota in this weight. but nothing is guaranteed they may use this free spot as a wild card.

Yong lost the trials to this girl. Idk how Yong is ranked so high. She literally loses in first couple of rounds in almost all tournaments.