website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

so you call him Tanglatihan Tuohetaerbieke ? I mean the order. still the given name comes last like other Chinese names ?

what about Maimaitituersun Qiong and other guy Aihemaiti Maimaiti ?

Of course not, we respect the names of such minority people. Given name is the first.

18 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Traditionally, we call their given name only, the first part. Like Tuohetaerbieke, Maimaitituersun and Aihemaiti. It's the correct way to call them. But in reality, it's too long for most people, we can call" Bro Tuo" or " Small Bieke".

I always think we know each other on some Chinese social platforms?

thanks guys, :bowdown:

even though that was a big load of information for me to handle :d

just to make sure you didn't waste your time to educate me :d, for the rest of China it's surname + given name . but for those minorities it's given name + father name ? but they are mostly known just by their given names, right ? and the proper way to write their name is Tuohetaerbieke Tanglatihan, Maimaitituersun Qiong and Aihemaiti Maimaiti ?

one last question, there is a Chinese female wrestler called simply Paliha. are there people in China with just one name ?

btw naming system was also different and confusing in Iran long time ago but something like 100 years ago, the former dictator of Iran decided to force people to follow the western naming system. everybody had to pick a surname.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

thanks guys, :bowdown:

even though that was a big load of information for me to handle :d

just to make sure you didn't waste your time to educate me :d, for the rest of China it's surname + given name . but for those minorities it's given name + father name ? but they are mostly known just by their given names, right ? and the proper way to write their name is Tuohetaerbieke Tanglatihan, Maimaitituersun Qiong and Aihemaiti Maimaiti ?

one last question, there is a Chinese female wrestler called simply Paliha. are there people in China with just one name ?

btw naming system was also different and confusing in Iran long time ago but something like 100 years ago, the former dictator of Iran decided to force people to follow the western naming system. everybody had to pick a surname.

The names of many ethnic minorities in China are one, but Paliha is a Uighur.

48 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

I always think we know each other on some Chinese social platforms?

I followed your Weibo a couple of months ago and I am a new sport fan. But I guess that doesn't count we know each other yet.:p

1 minute ago, Function CR Lee said:

Very well, I think you are already a mature sports fan

I am just curious about the Olympic quotas at the end of 2019, and I searched out your Weibo and this forum. Very good job, bro. You are way too professional.