website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

16 hours ago, anuj said:

Great result for IRI.... ( @MHSN ) . Two qualifiers today.... I thought mousavi boxed very well.... Did not rush into clutches ..... Well done..... And Usmonov of TJK too qualied as expectedq

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Great result for IRI.... ( @MHSN ) . Two qualifiers today.... I thought mousavi boxed very well.... Did not rush into clutches ..... Well done..... And Usmonov of TJK too qualied as expectedq

well, 2 was my maximum expectation before the competition, so I can't complain and I don't but then watching Ahmadi-Safa losing that way kind of ruined it :(. even IOC commentators were convinced he was the winner but this is Boxing and I think we have to just accept it the way it is.

but in general considering expectations it was a good tournament, boxing is almost dead here, personally I'm more happy for Danial Shahbakhsh, he comes from Sistan/Baloucheshtan next to Pakistani border which is by far less developed and poorest province in Iran, as far as I remember we never had an Olympian from that province.

@Vic Liu I have a habit of learning about naming system of all countries. I think everybody knows for normal Chinese names surname comes first. but I'm interested to know about some of your athletes with non-Chinese name, probably from Inner Mongolia ? or other parts of China.

for example what do you call your 75kg guy ? TUOHETA ERBIEKE Tanglatihan ? or that veteran guy Qiong ? what's the given name and what's the surname ?

4 minutos atrás, MHSN disse:

@Vic Liu I have a habit of learning about naming system of all countries. I think everybody knows for normal Chinese names surname comes first. but I'm interested to know about some of your athletes with non-Chinese name, probably from Inner Mongolia ? or other parts of China.

for example what do you call your 75kg guy ? TUOHETA ERBIEKE Tanglatihan ? or that veteran guy Qiong ? what's the given name and what's the surname ?

:lol:  I thought the same for this guy in 75kg.

TUOHETA ERBIEKE is the given name,in the Chinese national team,we always call him “small BIEKE”

Just now, Function CR Lee said:

TUOHETA ERBIEKE is the given name,in the Chinese national team,we always call him “small BIEKE”

so you call him Tanglatihan Tuohetaerbieke ? I mean the order. still the given name comes last like other Chinese names ?

what about Maimaitituersun Qiong and other guy Aihemaiti Maimaiti ?

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Very interesting question. TUOHETA ERBIEKE Tanglatihan is ethnic Kazakh, Maimaititu Ersun Qiong is ethnic Uygur. These two ethnic groups share the same naming system. The given name comes first, and surname comes after. It actually should write Tuohetaerbieke TANGLATIHAN and Maimaituersun QIONG. The given name is usually called by people, surname is father's given name, so they don't have a certain family name. But people often make mistake because of different naming system of majority of Chinese.  

BTW the Maimaiti means Mohammed, tuersyun is also a common Uygur name. But I totally don't know Kazakh name meaning.