website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

31 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

In my opinion, these qualifiers have only been further proof as to why Boxing should kicked from the Olympics at mach speed. Make Squash, Baseball/Softball, Roller Sports, Karate, or Sport Climbing the new core sport and be on with it.

better, get rid of Boxing, Weightlifting and all that other stuff you know :p and make all those 5 sports "core sport"...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

better, get rid of Boxing, Weightlifting and all that other stuff you know :p and make all those 5 sports "core sport"...

No, that’s not what I meant to any means. The IOC is obligated to kick one core sport off the program after 2020 (every 8 years). They can also allow that sport to then be voted back in (i.e Wrestling), but think we should choose a new sport this time around. I was just offering viable candidates.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, that’s not what I meant to any means. The IOC is obligated to kick one core sport off the program after 2020 (every 8 years). They can also allow that sport to then be voted back in (i.e Wrestling), but think we should choose a new sport this time around. I was just offering viable candidates.

I know what you meant...;)

but I meant just another thing...:whistle: :pope:

now that's my personal fight...I feel I need to save the Olympics from this IOC...

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

I know what you meant...;)

but I meant just another thing...:whistle: :pope:

now that's my personal fight...I feel I need to save the Olympics from this IOC...

I think the IOC has made some gaffs, but IOC under Bach has made many of the needed reforms.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

If we sould kick out sports from the olympic program, it is greco roman vrestling, and canoe no african countries has taken any medal, except Egypt in this sport.

While African countries may not medal in Canoe, we’ve seen a real uptick of African nations competing in the sport. 

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

There are a lot of undeserving sports basically. That useless 3*3 basketball with nonsense qualifying and the ever diminishing sport of Modern Pentathlon.. 

Which is actually why I think we should add more than subtract. While 3x3 Basketball has been highly unpopular with diehard international sports fans, many (and I mean many) countries have fielded teams. Plus, at every tournament I’ve watched, the stands are full of vocal, entertained fans, which only adds value to the sport. The qualification system most certainly needs to be improved though, and the number teams should go from 8 to 16 per gender. 

As much as I love Modern Pentathlon, I do think it’s days are number. I think it will for sure survive the next decade or two, but I don’t know what it’s future looks like after that.