website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

phelps

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Like i've said countless times about boxing, AIBA wants to reward all of their important parties. They distribute the titles / medals equally between everyone. It doesn't matter if one boxer is doing great, if his country already has an advantage in other categories he will lose, so that other countries can get his categorie. You especially see this in the 1/4 before the medals, where countries who need medals usually beat ones that already have ones from other categories. Russia is getting presumably 1-3 wins and Tishchenko was a clear favourite in this categorie, so other russians needed to lose early like Egorov or Chebotaev. But shit comes in when the clear favourite Tishchenko is outplayed, then AIBA has a big problem, because they have already cut other russians and they would need to compensate them in categories that shouldn't be their, which would make a domino effect. The same goes for the other "powerhouses" Kazakh, Uzbek, Azer, Cuba, France. Everyone of them will get their categorie. Kazakh should get 81 categorie, i think 69 is for the Uzbek. Sad, but that is the present, and i get less and less angry when our boxers get screwed all the time.

Some medals are also reserved for Home nations. 

Michael Conlan has lashed out at AIBA after his loss against Russian Nikitin. He even trolled Putin on twitter asking him how much he paid for that win. Lets see if AIBA has the balls to take action against him the way they suspended Sarita Devi. Also, nice to see that Irish boxers have accepted that AIBA is shit. They weren't complaining when AIBA favoured British and Irish (to a lesser extent) boxers in London Olympics.

16 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Michael Conlan has lashed out at AIBA after his loss against Russian Nikitin. He even trolled Putin on twitter asking him how much he paid for that win. Lets see if AIBA has the balls to take action against him the way they suspended Sarita Devi. Also, nice to see that Irish boxers have accepted that AIBA is shit. They weren't complaining when AIBA favoured British and Irish (to a lesser extent) boxers in London Olympics.

Haven't watched the match, so i can't comment on the result, but people blaming riggage everytime when losing to a russian is a constant thing at these Olympics and i'm not talking only about boxing. All media lashing has really gotten into the heads of many athletes and they just need a reason for their loss, which in great majority of the situation has nothing to do with riggage. On the other hand both Ireland and GB have done exceptionally well in boxing in recent years and were with nearly full teams here. And then they can hardly win matches and will win only a handfull of medals. You can't see what the deal is :d Boxing is such a mess.

31 минуту назад, Dolby сказал:

The first two rounds was a draw, but in the third Nikitin fairly beat Irishman who has not put a single firing. all his words - it's just crying after losing. And it seems every athlete after a loss to say that all Russian cheaters :facepalm:

Boxing final with a Brazilian started now....I'm curious :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!