website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

phelps

Like i've said countless times about boxing, AIBA wants to reward all of their important parties. They distribute the titles / medals equally between everyone. It doesn't matter if one boxer is doing great, if his country already has an advantage in other categories he will lose, so that other countries can get his categorie. You especially see this in the 1/4 before the medals, where countries who need medals usually beat ones that already have ones from other categories. Russia is getting presumably 1-3 wins and Tishchenko was a clear favourite in this categorie, so other russians needed to lose early like Egorov or Chebotaev. But shit comes in when the clear favourite Tishchenko is outplayed, then AIBA has a big problem, because they have already cut other russians and they would need to compensate them in categories that shouldn't be their, which would make a domino effect. The same goes for the other "powerhouses" Kazakh, Uzbek, Azer, Cuba, France. Everyone of them will get their categorie. Kazakh should get 81 categorie, i think 69 is for the Uzbek. Sad, but that is the present, and i get less and less angry when our boxers get screwed all the time.

21 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Like i've said countless times about boxing, AIBA wants to reward all of their important parties. They distribute the titles / medals equally between everyone. It doesn't matter if one boxer is doing great, if his country already has an advantage in other categories he will lose, so that other countries can get his categorie. You especially see this in the 1/4 before the medals, where countries who need medals usually beat ones that already have ones from other categories. Russia is getting presumably 1-3 wins and Tishchenko was a clear favourite in this categorie, so other russians needed to lose early like Egorov or Chebotaev. But shit comes in when the clear favourite Tishchenko is outplayed, then AIBA has a big problem, because they have already cut other russians and they would need to compensate them in categories that shouldn't be their, which would make a domino effect. The same goes for the other "powerhouses" Kazakh, Uzbek, Azer, Cuba, France. Everyone of them will get their categorie. Kazakh should get 81 categorie, i think 69 is for the Uzbek. Sad, but that is the present, and i get less and less angry when our boxers get screwed all the time.

So the Ukraine is not a "powerhouse" anymore? They used to dominate boxing before London 2012.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

6 minutes ago, Quasit said:

So the Ukraine is not a "powerhouse" anymore? They used to dominate boxing before London 2012.

Not in the present, they have won only 3 bronzes in the last two Worlds. Maybe they are having a new generation after London and still couldn't find credible boxers.

Here's a canvas of opinion...

Shane McGuigan (world champion coach): "Boxers spend 4 years training for these championships, to get robbed after 9 mins. I've seen 20+ wrong decisions."

BJ Flores (world title challenger): "No question. Levit won all THREE rounds. Impossible to give Tischenko two rounds. Impossible!"

Kal Yafai (unbeaten flyweight): "One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Disgusting."

Gamal Yafai (Commonwealth super-bantamweight champion): "Wow. The Russian didn't even win a round for me." 

Tommy McCarthy (unbeaten cruiserweight): "Levit on fire. I smell a rat! Levit literally punched him all over the ring."

Gary Lockett (trainer): "Absolutely disgraceful decision - Levit p***** that. Never seen anything like that. I don't even know the guy and I'm angry for him. Absolutely devastating for him."

Tom Farrell (unbeaten super-lightweight): "Terrible decision, that. The Kazakh has been robbed of a gold medal there."

#banbestmen