Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA 85,594 +159 1,300 +5 1,868 82,426 2,122 259 4
China 81,340 +55 3,292 +5 74,588 3,460 1,034 57 2
Italy 80,589   8,215   10,361 62,013 3,612 1,333 136

This data itself is too shocking to believe. USA is the top country with the most cases now overtaking China.

Agree completely they did 17000 plus new cases in a single day... My brother said in his small village ( ridgefield) in Connecticut there were more than 30 cases ( in around 10000 ) people....... Going to the grocery store itself is huge risk but cannot be avoided

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I'm against beating or asking money. If they are travelling for no reason they can be asked to do some exercise or make a video to stop corona virus there itself

In general, police is corrupt, like all other institutions, but in this situation, can’t blame them much. There will be isolated cases of excesses but history has shown a mild lathicharge is the only thing that works. Even I have bore the brunt of a police lathi once during college days. 

Police is also human and they are risking their lives being in field. A number of idiots are still roaming around as if we are in vacation mode. Videos don’t work because people would knowingly go out so that they can go viral. 

I know situation is worse in rural areas but have some faith, Indian system, both government and public, is always slow to respond but once active it will ensure that there will be minimal losses due to starvation. 

13 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Agree completely they did 17000 plus new cases in a single day... My brother said in his small village ( ridgefield) in Connecticut there were more than 30 cases ( in around 10000 ) people....... Going to the grocery store itself is huge risk but cannot be avoided

Yes you are right.

52 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Just saw the video. You guys call that violent response. :roflmao:

True, our police just shoot black kids :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

That lathi (bamboo stick) beating is just normal and some people need a stick to understand. Just an article how online buying of groceries and other essential items is playing out

https://yourstory.com/2020/03/coronavirus-bigbasket-grofers-ninjacart-groceries-demand-rise-ecommerce?utm_pageloadtype=scroll

Also what are the state/municipalities  adds for fighting the spread in your cities ?  Do you have something like this 9 Basic rules guide with funny cartoon characters ? :d

Our only vaccine is discipline

90720678_1526966027461391_33318777881886

from left to right -

1) we fight the spread of the infection by staying home          2) we wash our hands with soap at every occasion       3) cough and sneeze only in handkerchiefs or elbows

4) in case of symptoms we contact doctors only by phone     5) we do not create large groups because the virus spread the easiest there    6) we help seniors with the

greatest caution because they are the most vulnerable

7) Greetings without contact       8)  We all protect ourselves by wearing masks or scarf      9) we know it is important to talk to children about coronavirus as well   

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

Just saw the video. You guys call that violent response. :roflmao:

True hardly ......i did not see much true violence ..... Almost funny in most cases.... But some people can feel humiliated

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

22 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

True hardly ......i did not see much true violence ..... Almost funny in most cases.... But some people can feel humiliated

Indeed. Like in Indonesia, sometimes being humiliated is the best way to keep the order.