website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Yes it is.

they are not going to be placed in any reservation or someting like that.

it is a precautionary measure. The guy who came from England with his wife and 8 children was already infected, since they came alone on their way by car the did not have to go to the state quarantine but were only asked to go to home quarantine.

stupid, yes, I know.

it was unreasonable. It has changed only since that week, everybody who comes from abroad, even on their own way, must have to be placed in state quarantine facility.

And they even did not respected the home quarantine but even apparently constantly moved around these 5 settlements and infected others, they went to shops in the city, etc ... (The authoritie claimed they met around hundred of people...)

The same man then returned to England once again last week (depite being in quarantine time) and brought with him more relatives and friend here, only when he returned at the borders it was discovered that he was supposed to be quarantined...

tests have shown that we have a fucking big problem now, by the way yesterday, from one of those settlements has been transported by helicopter a 40-year-old man with high 40 fever and ine severe condition.

The only chance to solve the situation was to quarantine the settlements, they will be monitored daily and gradually solved as needed.

There is no need to worry or do a racial problem from that, trut me, food, clean water, hygienical stuff and necessary medical assistance will be provided daily.

Looking back, I definitely ever reacted because I was debating a bunch of people off the forum. I do think Slovakia should be monitored to make sure they cross any human rights lines, but from the way you put it, I think it will work out :yes

Is Slovakia home to the largest Roma minority? Most of what I know about the Roma come from their persecution during the Holocaust (that’s why I get worried really).  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Looking back, I definitely ever reacted because I was debating a bunch of people off the forum. I do think Slovakia should be monitored to make sure they cross any human rights lines, but from the way you put it, I think it will work out :yes

Is Slovakia home to the largest Roma minority? Most of what I know about the Roma come from their persecution during the Holocaust (that’s why I get worried really).  

Not the largest, but quite large yes. :p

and yes, partially I can agree that it is true that many roma people are segregated in the country and have to live in enormous poverty in slums. yes, they are often discriminated, certainly, but in this case it has really nothing to do with that.

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not the largest, but quite large yes. :p

and yes, partially I can agree that it is true that many roma people are segregated in the country and have to live in enormous poverty in slums. yes, they are often discriminated, certainly, but in this case it has really nothing to do with that.

Yeah, I just get worried when I read things like “x will be placed under complete lockdown and the military will do x.” That’s just generally not a good recipe, but hopefully this works out well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Interesting news online.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/god-decide-health-workers-indonesia-brace-covid-19-200405005512303.html

Indonesia's health workers brace for COVID-19 onslaught

Indonesia has one of the world's highest COVID-19 mortality rates, and is changing the way it deals with the dead.

Excerpts from the long article above.

Among the dead have been some of those on the front lines, including two hospital directors and 12 doctors, according to the Indonesian Medical Association (IDI). One of those doctors was Ucok Martin from Medan, a friend and colleague of Sormin's. 

Questions have been raised about how to keep front-line workers safe in Indonesia, where there is a chronic lack of personal protective equipment (PPE), with reports that some doctors and other medical staff are having to improvise with things like plastic raincoats and bin bags.

"Indonesia isn't serious about taking transparent and effective steps to handle this pandemic," said Usman Hamid, who heads Amnesty Indonesia. "If this is allowed to continue, the number of deaths of patients and medical staff will continue to rise. This could be a humanitarian crisis, especially for the healthcare sector."

It is similar elsewhere in the country, including in the capital, Jakarta, where governor Anies Basewdan told the media on March 30 that 283 people had been buried according to coronavirus stipulations, even as the BNPB put the death toll for the entire country at 170 on April 2.

Another interesting article online.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24532693-500-coronavirus-how-well-prepared-are-countries-for-a-covid-19-pandemic/

Coronavirus: How well prepared are countries for a covid-19 pandemic?

No country is fully prepared for a coronavirus pandemic, according to a public health expert. But some countries will be better placed to handle an outbreak than others

Excerpts from the long article above.

So is the rest of the world ready for the coronavirus? The short answer is no. “I am utterly convinced that no country is fully prepared,” says Jennifer Nuzzo at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Maryland.

As long as the number of cases spreading beyond China remains a trickle, rich countries are well placed to do this. But many poorer countries don’t yet have the capacity to test for the virus.

Another interesting article.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24532754-600-can-you-catch-the-coronavirus-twice-we-dont-know-yet/

Can you catch the coronavirus twice? We don’t know yet

We don’t have enough evidence yet to know if recovering from covid-19 induces immunity, or whether any immunity would give long-lasting protection against the coronavirus

Excerpts from the article above.

SAY you have caught covid-19 and recovered – are you now immune for life, or could you catch it again? We just don’t know yet.

In February, reports emerged of a woman in Japan who had been given the all-clear after having covid-19 but then tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus a second time. There have also been reports of a man in Japan testing positive after being given the all-clear, and anecdotal cases of second positives have emerged from China, too.

This has raised fears that people may not develop immunity to the virus. This would mean that, until we have an effective vaccine, we could all experience repeated rounds of infection.

But the science is still uncertain. “There is some anecdotal evidence of reinfections, but we really don’t know,” says Ira Longini at the University of Florida. It may be that the tests used were unreliable, which is a problem with tests for other respiratory viruses, says Jeffrey Shaman at Columbia University in New York.

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I just get worried when I read things like “x will be placed under complete lockdown and the military will do x.” That’s just generally not a good recipe, but hopefully this works out well.

Better explanation in English https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22379925/thousands-of-people-quarantined-in-five-roma-communities.html

My heart is fucking breaking right now :cry:

This is the famous Thanksgiving wrong number friendship. The young black male picture has been reported to have passed away tonight. These two were the epitome of what being American means, and there’s only one :cry: 

EDIT: It’s the woman’s husband that passed away, not the black kid. This is still really sad though.

Edited by Olympian1010