website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/global-pandemic-preparedness-ranked/

Countries who are the most prepared to face the pandemic according to ranking.

Rank / Country

#1      United States

#2      United Kingdom

#3      Netherlands

#4      Australia

#5      Canada

#6      Thailand

#7      Sweden

#8      Denmark

#9      South Korea

#10    Finland

#11    France
#12    Slovenia   
#13    Switzerland   
#14    Germany   
#15    Spain    
#16    Norway   
#17    Latvia   
#18    Malaysia   
#19    Belgium    
#20    Portugal    

That is one hell of a funny ranking.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That is one hell of a funny ranking.

It really got me laughing aloud when it says that US and UK appeared to be the 2 most prepared countries to face the pandemic. I was like what? Is this for real?

6 minutes ago, up and down said:

Rank / Country

#1      United States

#2      United Kingdom

#3      Netherlands

#4      Australia

#5      Canada

#6      Thailand

#7      Sweden

#8      Denmark

#9      South Korea

#10    Finland

#11    France
#12    Slovenia   
#13    Switzerland   
#14    Germany   
#15    Spain    
#16    Norway   
#17    Latvia   
#18    Malaysia   
#19    Belgium    
#20    Portugal    

I'm sure that it may be right when it comes to the health care systems. But it's not really stronger than the ones taking the decisions.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

I'm in no way saying that it started with Trump, former primaries show that very well, though they've also been tough on several democratic candidates, but he has certainly made things worse.

The editorial work is clearly biased (but again, there's less of that than in FOX), but the actual news reporting is much more factual and much better on sources than FOX. There is some bias by omission, but it still has much more neutral work than FOX. Meanwhile it's not really that tough to find less biased media-

Sure it's a jungle of more or less biased media but it's utter rubbish that everyone takes a side and sticks to it. There are plenty of journalists who sticks to proper journalism even though they may personally have sided with one or another.

I call it how I see it. Someone like Anderson Cooper is probably in the 0,05% of most privileged journalists in the USA who has a nationwide following. Cooper was a fat cat 15 years ago and he is a fat cat now. I have CNN on my dish for 20 years and I see the same names all the time, Cooper, Blitzer, Amanpour, King, Quest. Hard to get excited when the same people are saying the same things for over a decade :lol:

11 minutes ago, up and down said:

Rank / Country

#1      United States

#2      United Kingdom

#3      Netherlands

#4      Australia

#5      Canada

#6      Thailand

#7      Sweden

#8      Denmark

#9      South Korea

#10    Finland

#11    France
#12    Slovenia   
#13    Switzerland   
#14    Germany   
#15    Spain    
#16    Norway   
#17    Latvia   
#18    Malaysia   
#19    Belgium    
#20    Portugal    

This is from three weeks ago. Very irrelevant now. Just throw it in the trash. The Swedish non-isolation method seems to be bottoming out hard since last week.

26 minutes ago, up and down said:

Rank / Country

#1      United States

#2      United Kingdom

#3      Netherlands

#4      Australia

#5      Canada

#6      Thailand

#7      Sweden

#8      Denmark

#9      South Korea

#10    Finland

#11    France
#12    Slovenia   
#13    Switzerland   
#14    Germany   
#15    Spain    
#16    Norway   
#17    Latvia   
#18    Malaysia   
#19    Belgium    
#20    Portugal    

Reverse ranking? The US, UK and the Netherlands are among the countries that have had the worst response to this. You might as well put Italy on 1, Spain on 2 and France on 3 ...

meanwhile Norway is way done the list and Iceland for example is nowhere to be seen ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Reverse ranking? The US, UK and the Netherlands are among the countries that have had the worst response to this. You might as well put Italy on 1, Spain on 2 and France on 3 ...

meanwhile Norway is way done the list and Iceland for example is nowhere to be seen ...

Well this is what the ranking online says. To be honest with you I find it difficult to agree with the ranking given either.

Edited by up and down

26 minutes ago, Agger said:

I'm sure that it may be right when it comes to the health care systems. But it's not really stronger than the ones taking the decisions.

What? Countries like GB, Sweden or the Netherlands are pretty low on the list of ICU beds per 100000. Those countries might have some of the most "cost-effective" health care systems in the world, but certainly not some of the "best prepared" health care systems. Also the US without a doubt has the least "cost-effective" health care system in the world. They are spending the most and still roughly 10 % of their people aren't even insured. If you really think that the american or british health care system is great, then you obviously have no clue.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.