website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Andrew Cuomo also took this seriously and he's helpless with New York being hit the hardest. Until the pandemic ends there's no place for pyrrhic victories like a controlled spread. The entire country will be hit hard by this and even if California recovers the best since it has the biggest income in USA there will be many others struggling. Funny enough, I bet Trump will take the eventual economy rise as his own success and CNN & New York Times will freak out again ;)

Cuomo was slow to react. California began taking measures before it was a problem, Nee York waited until it was already too late. I do like the position California has put herself in. If we weren’t the most powerful/influential state, we should be after this. Personally, I’m for letting the idiots struggle (California First :p), but it goes against what I believe is the right thing to do, so I’m sure we’ll make the right choice and help. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cuomo was slow to react. California began taking measures before it was a problem, Nee York waited until it was already too late. I do like the position California has put herself in. If we weren’t the most powerful/influential state, we should be after this. Personally, I’m for letting the idiots struggle (California First :p), but it goes against what I believe is the right thing to do, so I’m sure we’ll make the right choice and help. 

Cuomo was all over CNN over a month ago already. I fully expect him to run for President in 2024 :p The Bernie Sanders craze should be over by then and in steps Cuomo as the COVID hero IMO.

I’ve never been more proud to be Californian. We’re practicing our duty as Californians to take care of those most in need of care. Hopefully these help our blue brothers and sisters (since the President has been helping red states out bid them).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

It's obvious the coronavirus has overwhelmed everyone. It's proven to be too much for both liberal and conservative politicians so I can only laugh at the ideas that if someone else was in charge here or there, things would have looked different. No, it wouldn't.

Malaria claims 1-3 million lives per year but it's viewed as Third World disease so it doesn't impact the global market and all these wealthy countries don't give a damn about it. But 100k coronavirus deaths have broke into the industrial powerhouses in Europe and America and the world freaks out. It's easy to dismiss infants dying in Chad of malaria but COVID has proven rich & powerful people can't buy health either.

And that is only logical, because people can't care equally for every part of the world...

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

And that is only logical, because people can't care equally for every part of the world...

I know. I've been saying equality is a myth for years. There will always be rich & poor and they will always be the same. Sub-Saharan Africa was poor 50 years ago and it will be poor in 50 years time too. The coronavirus is such a big news because it hits rich unlike malaria which tends to hit the poor.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, California is the wealthiest state in USA. I'm not surprised they can afford more ventilators than anyone else.

The fact that we can apparently afford to provide more help than the US government is sad though. 

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I know. I've been saying equality is a myth for years. There will always be rich & poor and they will always be the same. Sub-Saharan Africa was poor 50 years ago and it will be poor in 50 years time too. The coronavirus is such a big news because it hits rich unlike malaria which tends to hit the poor.

Equality is only a myth if we let it be.