website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Trump continues to find new enemies!! 

The WHO really blew it," the president wrote on twitter, "For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our borders open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?"

India has banned the export of a drun hydroxychloroquine because we need it for our own response 

Trump also warned of retaliation if India did not take up his request to lift the hold on US orders of the antimalarial drug.

“I said we’d appreciate you allowing our supply to come out. If he doesn’t allow it to come out, that would be okay but, of course, there may be retaliation,” Trump said. “Why wouldn’t that be?”.

this man is so very obnoxious

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

People already use a bunch of apps to track their kids and spouses in the US. It’s a really problem, but I’m fairness it’s a not a priority to solve in terms of social issues. It’s in the middle of a rather long list unfortunately :(

Oh well, if you use an app to track your spouse, it's pretty clear what your relationship is built on...and it ain't good.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh well, if you use an app to track your spouse, it's pretty clear what your relationship is built on...and it ain't good.

Except that everyone is doing it now! It’s insane (but also a really fun social/communicational issue to study)!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Except that everyone is doing it now! 

It's not 'except that', it simply means there's a shitload of people in relationships with people they don't actually even trust :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 06/04/2020 at 21:01, Benolympique said:

the problem is that in France, no one respects the Convention, and our government is too lax and does nothing to prevent people from sorting

I think one of your problems also was that you did very few tests initially (the same is true for GB and the US), so for most of the time your government had no clue how widespread the epidemic actually was.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think one of your problems also was that you did very few tests initially (the same is true for GB and the US), so for most of the time your government had no clue how widespread the epidemic actually was.

The issue is that the disease is going to spread (and it’s actually better if it spreads now (though more gradually would be ideal). So I think France, UK, and US are somewhat in the right here. I actually think countries like Slovakia are setting themselves up for colossal outbreaks later on. Of course that all comes down to when a vaccine is developed, and how long it take the disease to progress. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The issue is that the disease is going to spread (and it’s actually better if it spreads now (though more gradually would be ideal). So I think France, UK, and US are somewhat in the right here. I actually think countries like Slovakia are setting themselves up for colossal outbreaks later on. Of course that all comes down to when a vaccine is developed, and how long it take the disease to progress. 

I think though a lot of countries are buying time if that’s possible. There might be another wave coming but hopefully there can be advances in terms of treatment, knowledge of the virus, more preparedness and eventually a vaccine. Maybe they will run out of time before another wave hits but I think it’s worth taking this chance than just doing nothing or too little in the first place.

56 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think you are not understanding the facts, we are not USA, we are a very small country with limited resources, let me explain to you why we are doing what we do and why we imposed radical measures and regulations from the beginning.

We simply have to eliminate any eventual outbreaks in its beginning, so far we are hopefully still able to manage to avoid the spread among the populaton, meaning so far we were still able to quickly find all relatives, colleges and persons in contact with every positive patient and by immediate quarantining prevent the spread. BUT if by some unhappiness we´ll fails and someone will majorly spread the virus, we will be definitely lost and doomed, no one will help us.

we just have to do only with what we have, we do not have much things, just the masks and discipline. Trust me no one is happy that our borders are closed, that foreigners (tourists) have not been able to enter the country for more than a month now, our kids will probably return into schools only from September, shops are closed, we can not gather or just go do or watch hockey or for instance any other sport and our economy is collapsing (we are losing 70 millions EUR per day)

but we simply cannot open up ourselves and leave it as you and the other western european countries did, we are not so rich,

no one in the west has even idea or even want to know that a country like Slovakia exist..we would all die within weeks.