website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

And it is official. Curfew in :SVK  from 8th April (Wednesday) 00:00 to 13th April (Monday) 23:59.

the government approved restrictions of free movement of citizens from Wednesday 8th midnight to Monday 13th April 2020, 23:59.

The Cabinet adopted a resolution after special recommendations of a group of experts, which met on Sunday (5th April) in the afternoon.

However there will be some Exceptions:

like travel to and from work, quick basic shopping, necessary/urgent doctor visits, attendance at funeral of relatives, short stay in the nature/countryside but only within the district, or within Bratislava and Košice for people living in these cities.

The boundaries of the district or the territory of Bratislava and Košice must be respected also in the case of care of relatives or neighbors.

At the same time, the government prohibited during this aforementionedperiod the right of all assembly and gathering, with the only exception of persons living in the same household.

the police and the army will be involved in carrying out the commandments and keeping order. suburban buses and trains will not operate.

So basically, People can following the tradition of easter monday "throw water" on their mothers, wives, daughters but only in their own home if they live together in the same household

This seems a bit too much to me. The exceptions are good, but the enforcement of these codes by the military worries me. There’s a point where protection from infection goes too far, I think Slovakia continues to play with that threshold...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This seems a bit too much to me. The exceptions are good, but the enforcement of these codes by the military worries me. There’s a point where protection from infection goes too far, I think Slovakia continues to play with that threshold...

yeah, well, you must understand one thing, easter is the major holiday in the country and especially easter monday morning...well, dude, trust me, I know my country and it´s something that can easily and perfectly fuck up in just a couple of hours everything the country did so far...trust me, this is the best thing we could do and the majority of the population (according the discussions and comments) are very satsfied by this.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It happens in Italy too. Whenever a public curfew is announced military always is the one enforcing it. That's basically standard procedure in a state of emergency worldwide.

il y a 13 minutes, phelps a dit :

if the pace doesn't slow down quickly, soon you're going to catch Italy in this tragic ranking...:cry:

frankly, I don't know if our lives will ever be anything close to the days before this thing started...

the problem is that in France, no one respects the Convention, and our government is too lax and does nothing to prevent people from sorting

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah, well, you must understand one thing, easter is the major holiday in the country and especially easter monday morning...well, dude, trust me, I know my country and it´s something that can easily and perfectly fuck up in just a couple of hours everything the country did so far...trust me, this is the best thing we could do and the majority of the population (according the discussions and comments) are very satsfied by this.

You can't expect a guy from California to understand what's going on in places like Slovakia or Poland :lol:

On 05/04/2020 at 23:12, heywoodu said:

Yeah this is a big fear among experts: the tighter the precautions are in a country, the bigger the risk could be for a strong second wave once it starts being lifted..

so that's the reason why we never had full lockdown here and even those restrictions (semi lockdown) are planned to be lifted .

to not face a strong second wave, we let the first wave to continue and become a tornado.

I always knew we are starter than the rest of the world :lol::d

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The question is how correct it is, but worldometers added the number of tests recently.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's a bit out of date for some nations I guess. For example, Ireland had 30,213 tests carried out by March 30th and it is still showing that figure in the worldometers table 1 week later.

On 05/04/2020 at 20:42, heywoodu said:

Yeah this is a big fear among experts: the tighter the precautions are in a country, the bigger the risk could be for a strong second wave once it starts being lifted..

And yet, there is still no second wave in China (for what their numbers are worth) or South Korea.

#banbestmen