website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

they're a bunch of liars...

there are photos and videos of Czech officials taking away from trucks going to Italy hundreds of crates full of masks and ventilators, crates with the flags of Italy and China and written good wishes and salute in both Italian and Chinese language...

they first denied everything, then they were forced to admit they did it, but they never presented Italy any official excusation nor showed the intention to at least pay some money for what they stole (and they didn't send anything back to Italy)...

by the way, this thing happened a few weeks ago, when Italy was starting to pile up deaths and other European Countries were still discussing what kind of countermeasures to use against this pandemic...it's not something new...

p.s. technically, that's more than enough to ask for Czech Republic's ejection from EU (stealing medical resources intended for a Country already in heavy need of them is almost an act of war)...but our government just closed their eyes and didn't even try any official action -not even a formal protest- against the Czechs...

if I were in charge, they would get out of it so easily...:finger:

Well, as I said, I have only limited informations, just what I can read here and there. (and there not many news in our media from abroad right now, since we have also a lot of our own problems like every country now, as you can imagine.) so I can not judge, but again, hopefuly some investigations will occur and if it is true then it is a pure hyenism and they should be punished.

41 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

I owe it to my mother.. She kept pushing me to go to the barber when the cases are still around 50-ish (I felt that it is still way too short). Three days after I had it, the local government started to implement various measures and lots of barber in my area are closed until now.

well believe me, you really owe her big time :d

I don't know why people don't like living with their parents, they always give you wise advice :d only if I was living with my mother at the time :lol: ( I moved in with my parents after the crisis)

I never shaved my head and I really hate it but that's probably an option right now :wacko:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

do any of you guys having problems with your hair ? :d going to a barber shop is exactly against the idea of social distancing and I'm not even sure if barber shops are open !

with a bit of exaggeration, I look like Marcelo (Real Madrid player) right now :d

Not at all, my dad is the one who cuts my hair. Or rather, he just goes at it with one of these things for a few minutes and it's good as new :d Thing cost me maybe 40-50 euro once against going to a barber and paying 15 euro or something once every 5-6 weeks :cheer: 

Spoiler

800px-Electric_hair_clipper_%281%29.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I don't know why people don't like living with their parents, they always give you wise advice :d only if I was living with my mother at the time :lol: ( I moved in with my parents after the crisis)

I never shaved my head and I really hate it but that's probably an option right now :wacko:

Because people like independence when they grow older instead of always having to follow someone else's rules (since it's their home) or having to keep in mind what the other people want like you're still a child :p Wise advice can be given through the phone and internet nowadays, I'm getting out of here as soon as it's financially feasible for me :d 

Well that and I can't really let my girlfriend move in with me and my parents and have zero sense of privacy :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, intoronto said:

And the problem in Canada is hair clippers for home are jacked up in pricing as well. So if you don't have it at home (like myself) we are really screwed lol. 

All of us will come out looking like we played a season of Survivor.

We family has been making a lot of survivor jokes lately. The longer we’re in isolation, the closer we get to a season of survivor. Before you know it people will be hiding toilet paper, sneaking extras rations of food (though we’re not rationing food currently, so there’s a long way to go to get there), voting each out of the house, etc.

My favorite players are Russel and Tony, so my family should definitely be concerned :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

We family has been making a lot of survivor jokes lately. The longer we’re in isolation, the closer we get to a season of survivor. Before you know it people will be hiding toilet paper, sneaking extras rations of food (though we’re not rationing food currently, so there’s a long way to go to get there), voting each out of the house, etc.

My favorite players are Russel and Tony, so my family should definitely be concerned :p

I have seen every season, so I would be considered a superfan :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I have seen every season, so I would be considered a superfan :thumbup:

We watched it religiously for a many years, but the last few seasons just haven’t interest me at all. Hopefully I’m able to get back into it at some.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because people like independence when they grow older instead of always having to follow someone else's rules (since it's their home) or having to keep in mind what the other people want like you're still a child :p Wise advice can be given through the phone and internet nowadays, I'm getting out of here as soon as it's financially feasible for me :d 

Well that and I can't really let my girlfriend move in with me and my parents and have zero sense of privacy :lol: 

:d I was joking but giving advises through the phone is not as effective as pushing someone consistently to do something :d as @Griff88 said his mother pushed him doing that and I know what he mean, when my mom wants me to do something, she is always successful :d

but you know the culture here (and probably some other eastern countries) is to live with your parents until you are married. of course nowadays things are different and as you said more people prefer to live alone and have their independence, but still the majority follow that culture .

and beside that when parents get older (specially if one of them passes away) they usually go live with one of their children. sending your parents to a nursing home is considered some kind of treachery . so we stick to our parents :d

this culture is not necessarily a good thing but I assume that helps here in a situation like this. maybe that's why the death rate in Iran is not as high as it should be.

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yeah, moms always know the best :d

I think some people just want to live away from their parents because they want freedom (as @heywoodu said) from being told this and that. You want to have some privacy but perhaps such concept doesn't exist with some parents. I also want to move once I am financially stable :p

Good luck with your hair btw :lol:

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:d I was joking but giving advises through the phone is not as effective as pushing someone consistently to do something :d as @Griff88 said his mother pushed him doing that and I know what he mean, when my mom wants me to do something, she is always successful :d

but you know the culture here (and probably some other eastern countries) is to live with your parents until you are married. of course nowadays things are different and as you said more people prefer to live alone and have their independence, but still the majority follow that culture .

and beside that when parents get older (specially if one of them passes away) they usually go live with one of their children. sending your parents to a nursing home is considered some kind of treachery . so we stick to our parents :d

this culture is not necessarily a good thing but I assume that helps here in a situation like this. maybe that's why the death rate in Iran is not as high as it should be.

My parents living in a nursing home is way better for them (and everyone) than them coming to live with me, trust me :lol: Well maybe they won't need it anyway, my grandma lives by herself without problems for example :p 

Personally I've always been very strongly on team 'Living together with your partner before marrying' but yeah I know that's not the same everywhere (even here some people consider it basically a sin to live together without being married....the parents of my sister's boyfriend have had quite some trouble accepting them living together since last month for example, religious fanatics :p )