website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Indian users: please say today's story about a couple in Raipur naming their twins Covid and Corona is fake? :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, phelps said:

so, first they steal masks and ventilators intended for other Countries and then they ask people to use those things most of them are lacking of because they stole from them?

congrats! a truly good example of solidariety and ethic behaviour!

please, don't force me to say what I think of them and what I wish them right now...:zip:

No choice when there is pandemic like this things like that is bound to happen.

3 hours ago, phelps said:

so, first they steal masks and ventilators intended for other Countries and then they ask people to use those things most of them are lacking of because they stole from them?

please, don't force me to say what I think of them and what I wish them right now...:zip:

Too bad they only slightly mention the distance instead of focusing on that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Saturday is the first day of the week and today was the first workday of the year. and to everybody's surprise, Tehran's streets became something like this ! :facepalm:

despite the fact almost all shops have to remain closed. and most offices were supposed to work with 1/3.

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Indian users: please say today's story about a couple in Raipur naming their twins Covid and Corona is fake? :facepalm: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/city/raipur/born-during-lockdown-raipur-twins-named-corona-and-covid/amp_articleshow/74960551.cms

That's yesterday news. Just to highlight the difficulty of going to hospital ,market for need during lockdown ,they named them so. 

Slovakia tested 1889 people yesterday as part of the project of massive testing of the population, 21 of them were positive, including a two-year-old boy from the eastern city of Trebišov as the youngest and a 60 years old woman fro the northern city of Žilina as the oldest positive tested yesterday.

471 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+21 Yesterday)

165 Hospitalized, 3 in Serious Conditions, 1 in very Critical (under Ventilation), 1 Death, 8 Healed

Age Distribution of the Confirmed cases : 

The biggest amount of confired cases are in 30-44 years old category, the lowest the under 14 years kids.

0-14 :  29 People

15-29 :  125 People

30-44 :  149 People

45-59 :  102 People

+60 :  63 People

image.png

the crisis crew, which is negotiating special regulations for Easter, negotiated until late night and tomorrow will continue in the afternoon. the Prime Minister proposed a total curfew on all four days, especially on a particularly risky Easter Monday.

If the majority of the staff will agree, it should be officialized and decided already tomorrow evening

5 hours ago, phelps said:

Well, I don´t know what to answer to this post..I understand the feeling of you and your compatriots are really bad during this time but I just tried to help, because this really help to save lifes, but people still don´t listen :(

Sure, if true, such things are really sad and should be examined and seriously punished.

Obviously I don't know the real truth. According to the few information we could find on the Slovak media,

the Czech government denied any connection and indictment of "nation controlled stoling".

Someone stole it, That´s a prove. but the Czech authorities said it was someone else (mafia ? some doubtfull criminal groups ?), they just got an echo about some suspicious stuff and found it in some warehouse, supposedly thought it was a contraband, so they just confiscated it. Remember the  country was already under state of emergency, they can confiscate whatever they found.

But when it was found the the equipment was stuff intended to Italy from  China, they apologized and sent what they could t Italy (I know that not everything, claiming they already opened many packs etc...).

Yes, now, whether this is true or just faking and whether we have to believe it or not is obviously another thing.

but I stand with my words, CZE government should be really investigated in this matter and if the accusation show up to be true then also severly punished.

Otherwise, Slovakia experienced something similar, well, not exactly the same but somehow similar..

even at the beginning of all this shit, when we had absolutely nothing in our stocks, the state quickly found masks and other things in Ukraine, they contacted their authorities and agreed to buy 2 millions of masks and other stuff, UKR said ok it is yours but you have to came here yourself and pay by CASH !

and thus our representatives went the next day with cash in a suitcase to the airport when they received news that the Ukrainians the already packaged and confirmed goods for us sold to Germany who suddenly called to Ukraine a couple of hours ago and paid more. 

Our own neighbors !!!

Ridiculous and sad things we are living at the same time now :p:(

https://ukranews.com/en/news/690139-ukraine-was-ready-to-sell-slovakia-2-million-medical-face-masks-but-order-was-cut-off-prime