website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Another great idea turning cruise ships to treat Coronavirus patients.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/cruise-ships-trump-floating-hospitals-coronavirus-covid-19-12559130

Excerpts from the article above.

Cruise ships could be converted into floating hospitals to treat cases of the novel coronavirus, US President Donald Trump said on Thursday (Mar 19).

Micky Arison, the chairman of Carnival Corp, which operates Carnival Cruise Line, "made the offer, it was a generous offer", Trump said during a press conference.

"He said that he has some ships that would be ideally suited for what we are doing," the president said, since the ships are "big and have a lot of rooms".

"If we should need ships, a lot of rooms, they'll be docked at New York and Los Angeles and San Francisco and different places."

Trump on coronavirus

A president’s reactions as the crisis deepened

JAN 22
‘We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control’

FEB 27
‘It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear’

MAR 9
‘Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!’

MAR 16
When asked how he rated his response: ‘I’d rate it a 10. I think we’ve done a great job’

MAR 17
‘I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic’

Here is what Mr Trump said about the virus and he keeps on changing his mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/coronavirus-donald-trump-timeline

22 January 2020

“We have it totally under control,” Donald Trump said.

“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control,” he said. “It’s going to be just fine.”

24 January 2020

“It will all work out well,” he reassured us. He followed up again a few days later.

28 January 2020

He shared an article from the unreliable One America News Network that suggested Johnson & Johnson was working on a vaccine. The article no longer exists, presumably because it was false.

The next day, he announced the creation of a taskforce led by Alex Azar, the health secretary.

“The risk of infection for Americans remains low, and all agencies are working aggressively to monitor this continuously evolving situation and to keep the public informed,” it explained in a release.

The day after that Trump touted that there were only five cases in the US.

31 January 2020

He banned non-citizens who had recently visited China from entering the US. “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China,” he told Sean Hannity a couple of days later.

As February began, the administration reportedly declined to begin using tests for the virus produced by the World Health Organization.

A month later, about what to do about a cruise ship docked off of California with confirmed patients, Trump said: “I like the numbers being where they are. I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn’t our fault.”

(A couple of weeks later, Regan was taken off the air by Fox after she dismissed the virus as “another attempt to impeach the president.”)

On 27 February, Trump began blaming the spread of the virus on immigrants and suggested closing the border was the solution.

“The Democrat policy of open borders is a direct threat to the health and well being of all Americans. Now you see it with the coronavirus,” he said at a rally in South Carolina.

The first death in the US came the following day.

As March began and the scope of the virus had increased exponentially, Trump continued to fight with the media and to congratulate himself.

On 9 March he tweeted one of his most dangerous and false statements about the virus, comparing it to the flu, a common refrain among his media sycophants at the time.

“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu,” he tweeted. “It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

The next day, he lied again about the availability of tests.

“When people need a test, they can get a test,” he said. “When the professionals need a test, when they need tests for people, they can get the test. It’s gone really well. Look, the biggest thing that we did was stopping the inflow of people early on, and that was weeks ahead of schedule, weeks ahead of what other people would have done.”

On 11 March, still more concerned with the stock market, he injected billions into the economy and suggested a payroll tax as a solution for a pandemic. Around that time he started calling for unity.

On 13 March, he finally declared a national emergency. “Two very big words,” he said. Almost immediately he began blaming the Obama administration.

It didn’t last long.

On 13 March, he finally declared a national emergency. “Two very big words,” he said. Almost immediately he began blaming the Obama administration.

The next day he suggested falsely that precise screenings were being done at airports.

Had the border security been weaker, he suggested that day, the number of deaths in the US would be much worse. He provided no evidence for the claim.

On Monday this week Trump, seeming to finally take the threat seriously, said: “We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about.”

The next day, attempting to rewrite history, he said he felt it was a pandemic long before it was declared a pandemic.

And then, on Wednesday morning: “I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China – against the wishes of almost all. Many lives were saved.”

Again, he used what has become a racist term for the virus, and tried to divert responsibility. “The Fake News new narrative is disgraceful & false!”

58 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Still no one posted it here, so I guess I have to, Czech Republic launched an official add with a try to help the world...

but when no one is listening then there definitely no hope

Czech Republic official add

so, first they steal masks and ventilators intended for other Countries and then they ask people to use those things most of them are lacking of because they stole from them?

congrats! a truly good example of solidariety and ethic behaviour!

please, don't force me to say what I think of them and what I wish them right now...:zip: