website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Ohok coz Vanuatu won a bronze in the women's competition very much in news in many nations. 

Alright. I got it now. The para athlete won the first ever bronze medal.  No wonder I didn't realise it. I usually do not focus much on para athletes. Sorry.

The country won its first ever Commonwealth Games medal, a bronze won by para athlete Friana Kwevira in the women's javelin throw (F46) event.

17 minutes ago, up and down said:

Australia is too big itself. Vanuatu is not a famous place in Australia. We focus too much on Sydney, Melbourne and other big cities instead.

Call it arrogant but in my opinion people should have at least heard of all independent nations there are on Earth but take it from someone who, as a kid, studied all countries' flags. ;)

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

7 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Call it arrogant but in my opinion people should have at least heard of all independent nations there are on Earth but take it from someone who, as a kid, studied all countries' flags. ;)

Yep. People often confused why I know all of the flags and countries of the world while on the other hand I'm confused why they don't know that :p

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Yep. People often confused why I know all of the flags and countries of the world while on the other hand I'm confused why they don't know that :p

How is the situation right now in Indonesia? Is there any improvement so far?

5 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

The numbers are going up ........we were before going into the lockdown doing about a 100 cases a day ....... After one week of lockdown we are hitting 600 cases a day.... 

One good thing is number of tests have gone up as per ICMR our nodal body for testing we have done 50000 tests till March 31st ...      .. ( almost double the tests done by Japan) 

Our average testing is around 4000 tests per day currently with around 100 private test centers doing tests ........ ICMR believes we now have a capacity to do 12000 tests a day which half what South Korea is currently doing....... I think two manufacturers have been given the license to manufacture kits each is claiming they can develop 10000 kits per day, also we are attempting to import kits.......... Will keep the group posted.... 

Yesterday the number of tests conducted is 8345. And the capacity is way more than 12K. ICMR is mostly counting the capacity of govt capacity. Lalpathlabs one of the first private labs which got allowance from ICMR to perform tests at that time said that they have a capacity of 1500 per day. We cuurently have about 180 labs of which about 50 are private. But the main problem for private labs is lack of test kits, as this is the news till 3-4 days back.

More manufacturers were given the nod but the 2 were actually Indian companies so it's in the news. And ICMR directly allows some other manufacturers which have some other countries accreditation like FDA.  ICMR is clearly prioritizing locally manufactured kits as kits are not coming from other countries as the wait list is too long. Around 3 weeks back when ICMR said that they only have 150K tests and ordering about 1 million more test kits from different countries, 3-4 days back news is that only the order from South Korea is delivered and they are still waiting for the rest to be delivered. Last week many orders went out from ICMR which amounts to about 2.2million kits and all are made in India. And among the 2.2M about 500K were asked to be delivered in 5 days of the finalization of the order. The 2 Indian companies which got the nod are Mylabs and kilpest. Mylabs currently have a capacity of producing 150,000 kits per week and they have signed  up 2 partners yesterday with which they say they are increasing the production to 2 million per week soon. 

Edited by depleter

1 hour ago, up and down said:

Alright. I got it now. The para athlete won the first ever bronze medal.  No wonder I didn't realise it. I usually do not focus much on para athletes. Sorry.

The country won its first ever Commonwealth Games medal, a bronze won by para athlete Friana Kwevira in the women's javelin throw (F46) event.

And in the very same games Vanuatu won a bronze in women's Beach volleyball. They narrowly lost a 3 setter to the Australian pair before the Australians give a stiff resistance to the Canadians before going down.

Interestingly enough the Canadians are the reigning world champions and one of the favourites for Olympic Gold next year in Tokyo. 

32 minutes ago, depleter said:

Yesterday the number of tests conducted is 8345. And the capacity is way more than 12K. ICMR is mostly counting the capacity of govt capacity. Mypathlabs one of the first private labs which got allowance from ICMR to perform tests at that time said that they have a capacity of 1500 per day. But the main problem for private labs is lack of test kits, as this is the news till 3-4 days back.

Thank you for your updates,