website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 godzinę temu, intoronto napisał:

Welcome.

I am eligible for 55% income from employment insurance + 20% from my employer, so not too bad.

"Luckily" I will get yet 100% of salary in April as I have more than two weeks of unused "holidays" But I have to found new job quickly, now it will be very difficult as almost everything is closed...

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

Where you work?

In the entertainment industry

Concerts and tours, private shows, TV, backing vocals, song-writing & recording

All of that is literally gone for an uncertain amount of time. 

I can only continue writing songs that I won't be recording in the nearest future.

12 minutes ago, call me matt said:

In Slovenia we're in day 15 of quaranteen. Everything non basic is closed, no public transport, no gatherings. So we have quite some measures, but the masks are required as of today in all closed public spaces. The problem here is people just don't get the seriousness of the situation and enjoy their time off work in the sun... 

If only people would do that while staying 1,5 or 2 meters away from each other, there wouldn't be that much of a problem (it would in fact be good, since now more than ever it's important to stay healthy and make sure you get a healthy dose of fresh air and such), but for some weird reason people feel the need to be physically close to each other outside :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If only people would do that while staying 1,5 or 2 meters away from each other, there wouldn't be that much of a problem (it would in fact be good, since now more than ever it's important to stay healthy and make sure you get a healthy dose of fresh air and such), but for some weird reason people feel the need to be physically close to each other outside :facepalm: 

And the weather does not cooperate with us this time. Past 2 weekends were sunny and warm, so those tourist spots here were crowded. People just don't umderstand the concept of quarantene or social distancing

57 minutes ago, rybak said:

"Luckily" I will get yet 100% of salary in April as I have more than two weeks of unused "holidays" But I have to found new job quickly, now it will be very difficult as almost everything is closed...

So they will not recall you?

11 minut temu, intoronto napisał:

So they will not recall you?

Do you mean if I can return to work? If yes, I can't return, my company have 22 stories in whole country and in next few days more than half of them will be probably closed because company is in deep crisis. If virus will spread so quick as now or even quicker before end of May then they will bankrupt...

I'm glad my job which I was supposed to start (at least the three-month traineeship) this week, but has been pushed back to 1 May for now, is in the field of psychological care...there's undoubtedly always going to be people needing that, even more after a crisis like this :hairpull: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

I'm glad my job which I was supposed to start (at least the three-month traineeship) this week, but has been pushed back to 1 May for now, is in the field of psychological care...there's undoubtedly always going to be people needing that, even more after a crisis like this :hairpull: 

I can be first patient? :p

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

I can be first patient? :p

Sure, but since we're still fighting the virus and the number one thing still remains social distancing...take a seat a few meters away please :p