website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Exactly. I knew what was going to happen but i didnt expect THIS.

Plus, as someone who works with those patients, i must say that i have never seen such brute force. Patients are literally suffering in every possible sense, and thats not an exagerration.

"Drowning in their own lungs" is an expression I've often heard. I hope they manage to sedate as many people as possible, so at least not everyone is conscious during all this..

My sister works in the children's hospital next to one of the main hospitals in the Netherlands. Several colleagues are being trained quickly to step in at the intensive care units there, luckily not her yet. There will of course always be children getting sick and needing care, coronavirus or not, so she can keep doing that. Also, her boyfriend has a bad muscle disease and bad lungs (he needs help with pretty much everything in daily life, the most he can do is drink and eat by himself and use his computer and phone), so she should very much be kept away from this virus as much as possible - he is, after all, in the group of people who won't receive intensive care help if necessary in this situation, meaning it'd be game over for him.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile in a certain country named the Republic of Belarus,

this player who is also the president of the country, a certain Lukashenko won the national amateur ice hockey tournament in Minsk...

0coBy0pvRUOY5_fMTYPd0g.1280~Bielorusk-pr

" Is there a virus? I didn't notice anything. Sports, especially hockey, is the best antiviral medicine." was his quote, according the pictures available from the tournament, many peoples attended that event

:crazy:

4 minuty temu, hckosice napisał:

Meanwhile in a certain country named the Republic of Belarus,

this player who is also the president of the country, a certain Lukashenko won the national amateur ice hockey tournament in Minsk...

0coBy0pvRUOY5_fMTYPd0g.1280~Bielorusk-pr

" Is there a virus? I didn't notice anything. Sports, especially hockey, is the best antiviral medicine." was his quote, according the pictures available from the tournament, many peoples attended that event

:crazy:

Belarus isn't country, it's state of mind...

Obligated exam for people trying to become Dutch citizens :p 

https://speld.nl/2020/03/25/maak-hier-het-verplichte-corona-inburgeringsexamen/

1) In the Netherlands we ... shake hands

A) do

B) don't

Spoiler

B, in the Netherlands shaking hands is considered rude. It means something like "I want your grandparents to die."

2) You're in a bus and an old lady gets in. What do you do?
 A) You politely ask her if she wants to sit in your place.
 B) You ask her if she's completely lost her mind: "What are you doing in the bus, you senile moron?"

Spoiler

B, old people are supposed to sit inside home and not get in touch with anyone. In our culture that's called 'love for the eldery'.

3) Who are you allowed to marry in the Netherlands?
 A) With everyone who doesn't have a lot of friends to invite for the wedding.
 B) With old people, people with breathing problems and people with diabetes.
 C) With everyone who hasn't recently been to Italy.

Spoiler

A, as long as you and your partner have so few friends there isn't really a group at the wedding, you can get married.

4) In the Netherlands, we find it normal for two men to walk hand in hand.
 A) False
 B) True

Spoiler

B, in the Netherlands we find it incredibly irresponsible for two men to walk hand in hand. #keepyourdistance

5) A homeless person is lying on the street. What do you do?
 A) Ask how he's doing.
 B) Buy a newspaper he is selling.
 C) Walk around him in a wide arch.

Spoiler

C, #keepyourdistance

6) How old are most children when they start going to school?
 A) Four years.
 B) Children don't go to school.

Spoiler

B, in the Netherlands children are supposed to stay at home to make sure their homeworking parents can't get any work done.

7) In 2020, Dutch people can be divided into two groups. Which groups?
 A) People with children and people without children.
 B) People of whom it'd be sad if they die and people with underlying health conditions.
 C) People who are working at home and people who do important work.
 D) All of the above.

Spoiler

D, all answers are correct, as long as you divide people into groups.

8) You feel like you're having a little bit of a cold, but feel fine to work. What do you do?
 A) Go to work as normal.
 B) Call your doctor.
 C) Call in sick for the entire month.

Spoiler

C, in the Netherlands we call in sick for the tiniest bit of discomfort.

9) If I see a group of people doing outdoor bootcamps...
 A) ...I go and tell them that's not good.
 B) ...call the police and applaude when they arrest the bootcampers.
 C) ...I am part of this group, but afterwards go on Twitter to tell everyone how shocked I am.

Spoiler

C, in the Netherlands we don't tell people they should do something different and we definitely don't applaude for police.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, rybak said:

Belarus isn't country, it's state of mind...

A prison state of the mind maybe :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

is the medice worst than the illnes?, the pillage is starting in the south of Italy, this things (for me) give the reason to a politicals like Trump 

https://www.abc.es/sociedad/abci-graves-tensiones-italia-primeros-saqueos-supermercados-y-llamadas-rebelion-202003281411_noticia.html?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

he is, after all, in the group of people who won't receive intensive care help if necessary in this situation, meaning it'd be game over for him.

How it is decided in the Netherlands whether or not some one falls in this category? Is there a list of conditions?