website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Most people who die from this virus are indeed those who, if infected by it, would die for complications related to influenza...in the next 15-20 years. Of course "only this year" it makes much more noise in the media, all of these people are getting killed at once where the virus spreads.

This isn’t how we should be solving this health crisis. I know Indian police are famous (at least in the US) for their brutality, but this is just downright wrong.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Wumo said:

@Dolby, @Fly_like_a_don, @nitinsanker

Could some Indian user on here explain what the police is doing and why? 

I have this video from an article about how some Indian police officers treat people who don't follow the rules about curfew. 

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/218587a1-c8dc-4ccf-80d4-651e85714c32.mp4

Well..... 

I have seen a few videos of the same type on social media myself..... 

My view point...... 

1. India is a huge country..... There are millions of police officers on the field .... On the whole the lockdown has seen no violence, looting or even much of arguments 

The police on the average have been doing the duty well..... There are equally hundreds of videos of the police distributing food etc 

2. Indian population on the whole are not a rule abiding group.... Contextually we do not know what the context of that video was, it 

may be the people were arguing or even abusing him..... 

3. But it can be said There are some bad apples definitely among the Indian police.........and that they need to be sensitized to deal with the populance better goes without saying 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

7 hours ago, Wumo said:

@Dolby, @Fly_like_a_don, @nitinsanker

Could some Indian user on here explain what the police is doing and why? 

I have this video from an article about how some Indian police officers treat people who don't follow the rules about curfew. 

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/218587a1-c8dc-4ccf-80d4-651e85714c32.mp4

It's the usual technique here in India. Not that it's just few cases, it's the same situation in 90% places. The Indian Police is really horrible. You give them good money they will not beat you. 

On a serious note condition is very critical in most Indian places.There were videos of people fighting like cats and dogs for food, gas cylinder etc. Another thousands of people will die of hunger and starvation which will never go reported. Community spread has happened anyways and we will be in stage 4 soon. Government will cover up many cases and so will the private hospitals (already happening ).

23 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's the usual technique here in India. Not that it's just few cases, it's the same situation in 90% places. The Indian Police is really horrible. You give them good money they will not beat you. 

On a serious note condition is very critical in most Indian places.There were videos of people fighting like cats and dogs for food, gas cylinder etc. Another thousands of people will die of hunger and starvation which will never go reported. Community spread has happened anyways and we will be in stage 4 soon. Government will cover up many cases and so will the private hospitals (already happening ).

Watch the video clips myself and wow the amount ot violence used just to keep people at home. Amazing things done to ensure people stay at home.

Just now, up and down said:

Watch the video clips myself and wow the amount ot violence used just to keep people at home. Amazing things done to ensure people stay at home.

I'm against beating or asking money. If they are travelling for no reason they can be asked to do some exercise or make a video to stop corona virus there itself

5 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I'm against beating or asking money. If they are travelling for no reason they can be asked to do some exercise or make a video to stop corona virus there itself

Me too. I am against the part of beating. Doing some exercise still alright. Somehow I guess those people in India are quite obstinate type. So I guess lolice have no choice but to use force on them and beat them up.

Just look at what is happening to Italy..... Now with 1 in a thousand people infected and 1 in 10000 dead...... The lock down just doesnot seem working...... The cases are still spiking with over 6000 fresh cases, everyday at this rate we could have in a few weeks 1 in a 100  people infected and 1 in 1000 dead...... That is coming close to the catastrophic worst case scenario.... :cry:

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

Just look at what is happening to Italy..... Now with 1 in a thousand people infected and 1 in 10000 dead...... The lock down just doesnot seem working...... The cases are still spiking with over 6000 fresh cases, at this rate we could have in a few weeks 1 in a people infected and 1 in 1000 dead...... That is coming close to the catastrophic worst case scenario.... :cry:

Now US is the country with the highest number of cases overtaking China. It is indeed amazing how US cases can spike and go up so much. Italy is now at number 3.  But just kike how you say it is worrying in Italy too.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA 85,594 +159 1,300 +5 1,868 82,426 2,122 259 4
China 81,340 +55 3,292 +5 74,588 3,460 1,034 57 2
Italy 80,589   8,215   10,361 62,013 3,612 1,333 136

This data itself is too shocking to believe. USA is the top country with the most cases now overtaking China.

Edited by up and down