website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

btw I would love to know how your athletes do to keep their form during the quarantine ?

A brief video of some our athletes after returning from abroad now quarantined in their homes, Matej Tóth, Paulína Fialková, Ivona Fialková, Alexander Slafkovský (Canoe Slalom) :bowdown:that´s what I call working on your force - I mean the thing with the toilet papers obviously :p and Jakub Grigar (canoe Slalom)

Just now, hckosice said:

btw I would know how your athletes do to keep their form during the quarantine ?

'Enjoying' the fact that it's the end of March and so it's off-season and the rest period anyway @brunamoura :p 

As for the Netherlands, Olympic gymnastics champion Sanne Wevers (hello @thiago_simoes) has had a 5 meter long balance beam delivered in her appartment, which was a bit of a challenge as you can see in the video in this tweet (if you can't see the video, I put a tweet with photo in the spoiler) :p  She already has a balance beam, the one of the Rio Olympic final, but in Tokyo they'll use one with a bit different layer on top and so she ordered/asked for this one :d (with an extra low part underneath it as to not hit her head on the ceiling)

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@Dolby, @Fly_like_a_don, @nitinsanker

Could some Indian user on here explain what the police is doing and why? 

I have this video from an article about how some Indian police officers treat people who don't follow the rules about curfew. 

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/218587a1-c8dc-4ccf-80d4-651e85714c32.mp4

Edited by Wumo

Just now, Wumo said:

I have this video from an article about how some Indian police officers treat people who don't follow the curfew. 

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/218587a1-c8dc-4ccf-80d4-651e85714c32.mp4

Politiet sætter hårdt ind overfor indere, der bryder udgangsforbud - TV 2.html 378.99 kB · 0 downloads

"You're not listening to the rules, so let's all stand around next to each other and just say 'fuck distance'".

Right.

9XQXu8A.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Daily update from :POL  Today Ministry of Health announced 170 new cases bring total number to 1221, also two more deaths which means now "officialy" 16 people death for coronavirus, there are 3 more deaths but aren't officialy counted for some reason.... 

4 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I have this video from an article about how some Indian police officers treat people who don't follow the curfew. 

this is seriously hilarious and ridiculous at the same point

Apparently there's a thing going on in the ancient Aachen Cathedral about relics of one, yes, Saint Corona. This Saint Corona is supposed to be, yeah, you wouldn't believe it, the patron of surviving epidemics. Now I know there's catholic patrons for almost literally every single object, every single occupation and every single word and situation one can think of, but it's nearly impossible to find if this Saint Corona thing is actually true. It's easy to find her being patron of butchers and lumberjacks and stuff, but nothing about epidemics, even though pretty decent media (internationally) is mentioning it.

So, to catholics here, is there some sort of non-Wikipedia official list of who is patron of which object, thing, person, tree, situation, mountain or something where this could be verified?

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently there's a thing going on in the ancient Aachen Cathedral about relics of one, yes, Saint Corona. This Saint Corona is supposed to be, yeah, you wouldn't believe it, the patron of surviving epidemics. Now I know there's catholic patrons for almost literally every single object, every single occupation and every single word and situation one can think of, but it's nearly impossible to find if this Saint Corona thing is actually true. It's easy to find her being patron of butchers and lumberjacks and stuff, but nothing about epidemics, even though pretty decent media (internationally) is mentioning it.

So, to catholics here, is there some sort of non-Wikipedia official list of who is patron of which object, thing, person, tree, situation, mountain or something where this could be verified?

Patroness of Castelfidardo and Osimo, treasure seekers, butchers, against epidemics and storms, for stability in faith, money and lottery, the diocese of Belluno-Feltre.

https://www.heiligenlexikon.de/BiographienC/Corona_Stephana.html

And no Catholic here. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Listening to Trump speak makes me want to drink bleach and off myself. He is the worst speaker on the planet. It kills me a communications student.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela