website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 minute ago, phelps said:

that's sick people (4492) + deaths (662) + recovered people (999)...

tbh, I don't know why they count that total number instead of keeping precise track of the specific sectors...

It must have been a mistake, because on other days the numbers did work out with the total number of new cases.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

It must have been a mistake, because on other days the numbers did work out with the total number of new cases.

I'm reading the numbers on the Italian major newspaper's website (La Repubblica)...

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/26/news/coronavirus_bilancio_26_marzo_positivi-252396709/

tbh, I'm a bit tired of keeping this daily track of cases, as it only makes it an obsession, but we all know that are not the true numbers of the vastity of the problem (only the deaths are undisputable data)...

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's the biggest non-family groups still allowed in your countries? Here no more than three people, obviously everyone has to keep 1,5 meters of distance.

10, 50, or 100 depending on the state.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, phelps said:

I'm reading the numbers on the Italian major newspaper's website (La Repubblica)...

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/26/news/coronavirus_bilancio_26_marzo_positivi-252396709/

tbh, I'm a bit tired of keeping this daily track of cases, as it only makes it an obsession, but we all know that are not the true numbers of the vastity of the problem (only the deaths are undisputable data)...

Understandable. The thing is, it happens either way...I think I'd prefer to at least have an idea of what's going on than to let myself be isolated from it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's the biggest non-family groups still allowed in your countries? Here no more than three people, obviously everyone has to keep 1,5 meters of distance.

5 people. I'm not completely sure though, it changes so often. :p

#banbestmen

Another bad day in Italy, but now Spain, Germany and USA all have more daily cases... Either way, China will not be the leading nation anymore starting tomorrow...

More than half a million cases worldwide...

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Another bad day in Italy, but now Spain, Germany and USA all have more daily cases... Either way, China will not be the leading nation anymore starting tomorrow...

That took two days after passing 400k, which came three days after passing 300k. It might take two more days to get to 600k, but by then we're starting to close in on 100k a day..

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

China is not doing so many test now, remember.

Some more numbers from here: 644 people in intensive care yesterday, that has risen to 761 today, a significantly bigger rise than expected. With 1150 IC beds, which for now could potentially be upgraded to 1500 or so, it's going to be full in a matter of days with no available scalability anymore (since stuff like surgery rooms have already been turned into IC units in most hospitals).

Or, as the head of the intensive care 'federation' says: "This is very, very bad news. This way, it'll be full in three days instead of a week. In that case, we won't be in time."