website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Well it's really depressing. I don't think there can be a worse lockdown then this. 

I guess there is no choice for India. It is very difficult to do mass testing like South Korea in India. Lockdown is one of those ways to contain the virus. In South Korea there is no lockdown but they only implement mass testing to detect the patients early.

11 minutes ago, up and down said:

I guess there is no choice for India. It is very difficult to do mass testing like South Korea in India. Lockdown is one of those ways to contain the virus. In South Korea there is no lockdown but they only implement mass testing to detect the patients early.

That's true. However Accredited Social Health activist (ASHA) completed surveying 2lakh homes in Mangalore, a neigbouring Udupi district . They asked people about their health, travel history and relatives travel history. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

That's true. However Accredited Social Health activist (ASHA) completed surveying 2lakh homes in Mangalore, a neigbouring Udupi district . They asked people about their health, travel history and relatives travel history. 

This may be able to help a lot too.

Reading and watching videos about this subject, I would love in 3 months we all look back and say it was an overreaction.  I just lost my mother and my aunt (my closest relative) in the last year to cancer.  Now I live with my dad who isn't super old, but is within the danger zone.  To think of losing him to COVID now is painful.  

Moving the Olympics a year sucks because I was really looking forward to it as always.  But priorities have shifted.  I am a history teacher.  It's not names and dates, it's the people.  I always said this to my students, but now more than ever: We are history.  What will they read about us?  

It's never been easier to be a hero.  Literally, do nothing.  And wash your hands!

Stay safe, friends!

You know, I’m not against the “let’s open stuff back up” argument, but I’m completely against the reasoning for it. If the reasoning is to try and save lives by building up herd immunity, great. If your reasoning is because you believe the virus will hurt you politically, or that the economic dangers outweigh the safety of at risk people, then fuck off quite frankly. Trump and and the GOP openly called for millions of people to attend Easter mass in person, and for the elderly to sacrifice themselves for the American economy. It’s completely insane and it’s a real tell of the times we live in. It took the US Congress until today (or late yesterday) to pass a emergency bill for Coronavirus relief funding. The argument was over how we should save the economy. How fucking pathetic is that? This is the problem with electing ineffective leaders everyone. Please stop electing idiots to be the Presidents of your country. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

You know, I’m not against the “let’s open stuff back up” argument, but I’m completely against the reasoning for it. If the reasoning is to try and save lives by building up herd immunity, great. If your reasoning is because you believe the virus will hurt you politically, or that the economic dangers outweigh the safety of at risk people, then fuck off quite frankly. Trump and and the GOP openly called for millions of people to attend Easter mass in person, and for the elderly to sacrifice themselves for the American economy. It’s completely insane and it’s a real tell of the times we live in. It took the US Congress until today (or late yesterday) to pass a emergency bill for Coronavirus relief funding. The argument was over how we should save the economy. How fucking pathetic is that? This is the problem with electing ineffective leaders everyone. Please stop electing idiots to be the Presidents of your country. 

Much as I don't like Trump and even like the way he handles this less, talking about how to save the economy is an important thing. If you don't, and the whole thing collapses, it's going to cost a hell of a lot more lives than the virus itself. I know that is a sensitive argument for some people, mostly because the lives that are destroyed by a broken-down economy are less visible than those who are lost due to a virus, but they matter just as much.

Trump didn't ask for the elderly to sacrifice themselves. Trump didn't openly call for millions to attend Easter gatherings and celebrations in person. He did say he has hope it'll be possible by then (which is way too early of course, as the great Dr Fauci more or less pointed out right after him), but we have to take care - especially now - not to twist his words into things he didn't actually say. You've got plenty of ammo if you only use the things he actually says and does, don't give him and his supporters more ammo by coming up with lies and semi-lies. Just like that 'you're a terrible reporter' thing, which was a bit dumb, but all the videos shown by the major media don't even show the part before, where said reporter just drones on and on, without even listening to the answer, and then just yells right over another reporter who's turn it was to ask a question.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FRANCE :FRA 22.304 Cases / 1,100 Deaths

According to the French government, we will continue to be confined for an additional 5 weeks, but unfortunately no one respects, everyone walks around, the French are undisciplined.
If our former Minister of Health Agnés Buzyn would have taken the threat seriously instead of thinking of municipal elections to win Paris, we will not have arrived, Sad observation!

Edited by Benolympique

Weren't those municipal elections in France a week ago or so? That barely has any effect (yet) on the current numbers, they'd be roughly the same without those elections..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The problem is that some people take advantage of some rules, like we are still allowed to go running 1km around our home so magically some people who had never gone jogging start to do that, and others decide to go grocery shopping with their whole family instead of alone, this is really frustrating. 

And then there are a few complete idiots who don't care about all the measures or want to be defiant because they hate the government and want to do the opposite of what they ask, as if we were not in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.