website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes: 

That is surprisingly similar indeed :d 

The problem is, Dutch words are slowly vanishing and replaced by English words.

Ask any highschooler and they won't know what 'kastanye' is. And in 10 years I think there will be a dumb video on Youtube that rants about how the Dutch copied Indonesian words :lol:

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The problem is, Dutch words are slowly vanishing and replaced by English words.

Ask any highschooler and they won't know what 'kastanye' is. And in 10 years I think there will be a dumb video on Youtube that rants about how the Dutch copied Indonesian words :lol:

But we sort of did, a little. Indonesian/Malay (apparently it's sort of listed together?) is apparently on the 7th place of languages we 'loaned' words from :p 

I see some examples like ketjap, klamboe, loempia, kroepoek and some more :p 

https://historiek.net/top-50-nederlandse-woorden-maleis-indonesisch/66844/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, up and down said:

Sorry I feel so sad for them. The coach is also not given a chance to go for the complete tests. I feel so sad for him now. How bad is this now?

Very bad in here, I would say. People complained about how the government is not helping in providing the healthcare but they themselves can't follow official directions. Instead of practicing social distancing, many household believed that putting a clove of garlic in your pockets and around your house will shield you from the virus :hairpull:

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

Very bad in here, I would say. People complained about how the government is not helping in providing the healthcare but they themselves can't follow official directions. Instead of practicing social distancing, many household believed that putting a clove of garlic in your pockets and around your house will shield you from the virus :hairpull:

Alright I guess I can understand how you feel by now. Stay safe. I clearly understand the reason why Indonesia is slow to get the test done already. Anyway just like what you say the citizens there are really not following orders and it is making things difficult with limited test kids around.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But we sort of did, a little. Indonesian/Malay (apparently it's sort of listed together?) is apparently on the 7th place of languages we 'loaned' words from :p 

I see some examples like ketjap, klamboe, loempia, kroepoek and some more :p 

https://historiek.net/top-50-nederlandse-woorden-maleis-indonesisch/66844/

Of course it happens, what I am referring as dumb is that someone actually consider ranting for centuries of cultural exchange ;)

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

:facepalm:

That guy is so freaking stoned out of his mind.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!