website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well the data is still unclear on this virus, but that is how many viruses work. I’m probably not qualified to explain this, but maybe @ChandlerMne could give a simple explanation if he has some time.

I believe it has to do with anti-bodies, which is the same stuff scientists use to create vaccines.

Virus=mutation. 

Every RNA virus has great potential for mutation. Mutated strain can cause reinfection. Those reinfections are usually more benign than first one, but ocassionally can cause serious clinical presentation.

Same goes for Covid. Reinfections will sporadically occur and will usually be not as serious. 

You are right. Antibodies do recognize antigenes that virus cary. Mutations alter those antigenes so immune system cant fully recognize attackers.

Edited by ChandlerMne

Now the district commissners have taken a more drastic step. Not just schools ,colleges, parks and offices but now grocery will be officially closed for most part of the day along with all kinds of public transport,  taxis like uber , ola too. Even Pharmacies will be open for 6 hours in the day (6am to 12pm)After 12pm and before 6am no personal transport including cars ,jeeps or any 2-wheelers.Buses were anyhow stopped since yesterday. 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Is there no way to go by regular car? I know going to Rio is still (or again) possible that way, at least yesterday it was. I believe there are signs banning bigger vehicles though (like buses)?

Edit: I guess if you're actually moving there it might be a bit of an (impossible) challenge to go with only a regular car..

I'll sell and donate everything I currently have, so moving to Rio will not be that hard because I'll only carry my clothes and two boxes full of books. The problem is I can't drive. There are bus tickets available from April 4th to April 19th, so I have a chance of making it on time. The biggest challenge will be selling my stuff during quarantine. 

il y a 3 minutes, dcro a dit :

I'm pretty sure the number of daily tests must be limited for various reasons. Therefore, I don't think these percentages deserve much consideration.

They are the only numbers that deserve consideration.

Edited by De_Gambassi

Just now, dcro said:

I'm pretty sure the number of daily tests must be limited for various reasons. Therefore, I don't think these percentages deserve much consideration.

At the moment, I think that massive testing in Italy is almost useless, especially in Lombardia. It could make more sense in places where spreading is relatively limited, but since lockdown is already on that is the best “cure”. I would focus on screening workers that cannot stay home from job, but still the problem is that we have a low testing capability compared to that we need.