website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems what you read was indeed correct, there are Chinese workers in Qom (very surprising for me) and they are presumed to be the source !

on Tuesday Corona didn't exist in Iran (according to officials on that day), it was 5 cases on Thursday morning and 18 on Friday ! (4 death already) :facepalm: 11 of them in Qom but other 7 are also related to Qom.

and two Iranians traveling to Canada and Lebanon are also confirmed to be sick  :wacko:

Yeah Iran and Italy have been on fire today, both going from a handful to nearly 20 in a day. Not good at all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems what you read was indeed correct, there are Chinese workers in Qom (very surprising for me) and they are presumed to be the source !

on Tuesday Corona didn't exist in Iran (according to officials on that day), it was 5 cases on Thursday morning and 18 on Friday ! (4 death already) :facepalm: 11 of them in Qom but other 7 are also related to Qom.

and two Iranians traveling to Canada and Lebanon are also confirmed to be sick  :wacko:

Ah shit, LA (area) has the biggest Iranian diaspora in the world (I believe). We’re toast :facepalm:

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah shit, LA (area) has the biggest Iranian diaspora in the world (I believe). We’re toast :facepalm:

You think you're toast? The Netherlands doesn't even test people coming back from a cruise ship that had infection(s?) on board :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, AlFHg said:

effect of mass testing

Meaning :NED will remain case-free :cheer: 

We just go with the 'doping in football' strategy: if you don't test, there won't be positive cases :cheer: 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, AlFHg said:

well I guess no reason for mass testing has happened there, and I hope it won't be

People coming back from, among others, an infected cruise should be plenty of reason to at the very least test someone. People who were evacuated from Wuhan arrived, were quickly tested and then sent home without quarantaine or anything ("because without symptoms, it's not realistic that someone is going to infect someone", completely contradicting what WHO has said).

A decent number of people evacuated from Wuhan to other countries didn't have symptoms at arrival, but later tested positive. Great job, authorities.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

let me tell you 99.999999% of those Iranians living in LA never visited Qom in their entire life.

Spoiler

but I can say the same about 99.999999% of Iranians living in Canada and yet there was a confirmed case in Canada, so yes you are toast.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

What's the incubation period of this virus anyway? It's easy for it to go undetected if the test is conducted too early? :mumble:

Apparently anywhere between 2 days and 2-3 weeks. And it's one where people can have no symptoms, yet still be rather infectious, which makes it very tricky to say the least.