website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Confirmed cases per nation courtesy worldometers

Highlighted in green
= all cases have recovered from the infection
Highlighted in grey
= all cases have had an outcome (there are no active cases)

And surprisingly USA now have only 8149 cases for today

image.png

23 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, don't worry for that...I'm full of things to do...from house cleaning to cooking, from reading to watching old sport events, docs and tv series and doing a lot of different things...not mentioning my phone being always busy in these days (the few relatives we still have alive don't live very close to us and are not so young to manage the new technologies)...

This gives me the perfect opportunity to ask this. I've had a lot of fond memories revisiting tv series that I've already watched, even if I know the outcome, it somehow still remains an entertaining experience.

That is something that I don't usually get from rewatching sports events, for me the thrill is not there opposed to the feeling of excitement when you're watching it live. (For example watching biathlon live has always been a more enjoyable experience than watching it in the evening after work even if you manage to avoid spoilers during the day)

So I was wondering if there are a lot of you guys that enjoy watching old sports events and perhaps you would like to passionately describe why you enjoy doing that as well? :p

During a commercial break they were streaming the Olympic win from Rūta Meilutytė and that just made me sad. I think that if I'd ever watch an older sport event it would just make me extra sad for everyone that's already retired.

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

This gives me the perfect opportunity to ask this. I've had a lot of fond memories revisiting tv series that I've already watched, even if I know the outcome, it somehow still remains an entertaining experience.

That is something that I don't usually get from rewatching sports events, for me the thrill is not there opposed to the feeling of excitement when you're watching it live. (For example watching biathlon live has always been a more enjoyable experience than watching it in the evening after work even if you manage to avoid spoilers during the day)

So I was wondering if there are a lot of you guys that enjoy watching old sports events and perhaps you would like to passionately describe why you enjoy doing that as well? :p

During a commercial break they were streaming the Olympic win from Rūta Meilutytė and that just made me sad. I think that if I'd ever watch an older sport event it would just make me extra sad for everyone that's already retired.

sometimes I like to watch old sport events...

and even if I already know who's going to win, it doesn't matter...I normally watch them or because I've never seen them before (especially those old hockey games from the 70's and the 80's) or because I want to re-live the emotions I felt the first time or look at them with a different and more relaxed perspective...

I mean, if I watch an Olympic final with Italian athletes live, it's normal that I have eyes for my favourite athlete(s) and it's more a fan experience, meanwhile if I rewatch the same event after some time, I can appreciate all the aspects I didn't focus on when I was following live... 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

In Hong Kong, you need to wear an electronic bracelet to trace you. In most part of China, you are not allowed to quarantine at your home, must in arranged hotel. Only for a few people, you could be quarantined at home with a CCTV outside the door connected to the local government.

That is madness. Especially because these are places where they are probably telling you "don't worry, everything is removed" once it's over, but they're perfectly using it to track citizens even more..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I might as well restart from season 1. It's been a long long time since I last saw the episodes from those seasons.

Plus it's always good to go back to the seasons when they really didn't give two fucks and just insulted everyone, that was so much better. Although luckily they still do that somewhat.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Plus it's always good to go back to the seasons when they really didn't give two fucks and just insulted everyone, that was so much better. Although luckily they still do that somewhat.

Yeah, the world is a bit more sensitive now than it was during their prime, thus it might mean that they're walking on thin ice and restrain themselves with some topics. Although yeah, just like you said, they still tend to insult some people good :p

20 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I like watching some short videos or something, but not entire events...then I just get bored :p 

Just now, Werloc said:

Yeah, the world is a bit more sensitive now than it was during their prime, thus it might mean that they're walking on thin ice and restrain themselves with some topics. Although yeah, just like you said, they still tend to insult some people good :p

"What if vaccines made my friend Timmy the way he is? Or if they made my friend Jimmy the way he is?  Or my friend Token the way he is?" :p