website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Just now, rybak said:

Stay safe and healthy! We will pray for you.

yeah, me and my dad are probably among the very few people truly respecting the lockdown...one of us only goes out once a week for our weekly visit to the supermarket and stop...

after that, our door is always locked...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

and here we go...

first official coronavirus victim in the same block where I live...:yikes: :cry: 

however, I think it's not really the first one...

and in any case, now I'm getting really worried...more than ever...

Yeah apparently it’s being transmitted around my sisters friend group, which is just fantastic. Luckily, we’ve kept her away from her friends for about the last two weeks, so hopefully she’s not running around with it. She has chronic kidney disease, so we’d all prefer if she didn’t get it. 

I’ll be holding out hope for your good health. If you’ve followed the rules and recommendations, you are most likely fine.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

and here we go...

first official coronavirus victim in the same block where I live...:yikes: :cry: 

however, I think it's not really the first one...

and in any case, now I'm getting really worried...more than ever...

As long as you stay at your home, you are safe. No worries and you will be fine.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah apparently it’s being transmitted around my sisters friend group, which is just fantastic. Luckily, we’ve kept her away from her friends for about the last two weeks, so hopefully she’s not running around with it. She has chronic kidney disease, so we’d all prefer if she didn’t get it. 

I’ll be holding out hope for your good health. If you’ve followed the rules and recommendations, you are most likely fine.

thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your sister (and the rest of your family)...:fingers:

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

As long as you stay at your home, you are safe. No worries and you will be fine.

I know that, but even that single hour or so a week we have to go out to buy something to eat always scares me...you never know who you're going to meet at the supermarket (even if you keep the 1.5m distance from every people)...

yeah, me and my dad are probably among the very few people truly respecting the lockdown...one of us only goes out once a week for our weekly visit to the supermarket and stop...

after that, our door is always locked...

Follow the same routine. Try to keep yourself occupied, with non-pandemic related things. Talk with your friends/relatives, revisit old albums, spend quality time with your dad. If possible, try and meditate. A healthy mind with strong will power is a must in these times. 

I know that, but even that single hour or so a week we have to go out to buy something to eat always scares me...you never know who you're going to meet at the supermarket (even if you keep the 1.5m distance from every people)...

Is it possible to ask someone by phone (I don´t know someone younger from your family or neighbors from the block) to buy the supplies for you when they will go to buy things for them and just let them behind your doors. Peoples do it here for their older neighbors or parents.

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Follow the same routine. Try to keep yourself occupied, with non-pandemic related things. Talk with your friends/relatives, revisit old albums, spend quality time with your dad. If possible, try and meditate. A healthy mind with strong will power is a must in these times. 

yeah, don't worry for that...I'm full of things to do...from house cleaning to cooking, from reading to watching old sport events, docs and tv series and doing a lot of different things...not mentioning my phone being always busy in these days (the few relatives we still have alive don't live very close to us and are not so young to manage the new technologies)...

in the last few days, for instance, I finally revamped my 11 year old laptop (in case I need a backup for my newest one) changing ram memories and storage (from an old hdd to a new flashy SSD) and of course making all the needed configuration and setup...

never done anything like that before...it was an entertaining experience...:d

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Is it possible to ask someone by phone (I don´t know someone younger from your family or neighbors from the block) to buy the supplies for you when they will go to buy things for them and just let them behind your doors. Peoples do it here for their older neighbors or parents.

no way, I want to have full control of what we buy...especially when it comes to vegetables, meat and fish (packed things like water bottles, sanification products and so on are always availble through the online shop, in case...actually, everything is available through online shops, but, as I wrote, I prefer to choose foods personally -or through my dad, as he knows like me what we like and what we don't like)...

we try to protect ourselves and hope that everything goes well (respecting all recommendations should be enough to avoid problems...but the problem is that it's diffcult to think about thios situation only rationally, sometimes your mind goes where you wouldn't like by itself)...

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That reminds me, I'm only at episode three of season 23 so I've got quite a few episodes to watch, thanks!:hyper: 

I might as well restart from season 1. It's been a long long time since I last saw the episodes from those seasons.