website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

WHO said that Asia countries are very slow to detect the virus and lack of awareness. In Asia only countries like China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia are doing good job with mass testing kids avaible to do the testing. The rest of the other Asia based countries are not doing enough to protect their people by doing mass testing. This itself look very worrying. Lots of cases in Asia countries go undetected and it so so dangerous.

WHO also said do not be misled by the numbers and figures. Some countries are not even testing their people and not doing enough test to combat the virus. WHO said seeing low numbers or low cases in certain countries can be very misleading. Some countries are not having enough testing kids to test their people and lots of cases went on untested. This is very worrying. Also how accurate are those data? Countries who are not prepared do not test their people and have low medical facilities hence cases remain low. This is really endangering the lives of their own people.

According to an argentinian journalist in Brazil, politicians across all parties are figuring out how to get the president out of his job before he kills thousand of people by being careless. Mexico will have a similar problem I guess...

6 minutes ago, NMQ said:

According to an argentinian journalist in Brazil, politicians across all parties are figuring out how to get the president out of his job before he kills thousand of people by being careless. Mexico will have a similar problem I guess...

Wow so serious in Brazil and Mexico? Not enough testing done?

5 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

And this figure is still rising, currently at +6729 which surpasses the record set by Italy today for the most new confirmed cases in a day.

Edit: It's now +7686 :(

Told you to expect it to get near 10,000. There’s just way too many Americans not taking this seriously, and we haven’t been testing as much as we should. From what I’ve heard/read, our hospitals are already getting near capacity, and it’s still early days for us. 

We have only us to blame. There’s so much more we could have done, but you know, ‘Murica.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Are there any other users, who like me, are trying to avoid reading/listening/watching news about the Coronavirus? This doesn’t mean I’m not heeding warnings, or not listening to professional advice. It just means that I’m trying avoid news about the spread, severity, and state of Covid-19. For me, this has been a “ignorance is bliss” strategy for coping with what’s happening. I’m just curious how others a handling this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, huge fucking shoutout to all the doctors, medical professionals, nurses, etc. on Totallympics. Y’all are heroes. The world doesn’t deserve you, but y’all are helping us anyways.

Also, just because your not a medical worker, don’t think you don’t have a part to play in this battle. We win by listening to science, and by doing what’s best for the common good. All of y’all staying at home, avoiding people, and doing everything possible to keep spirits high are just as much warriors in this fight.

4 hours ago, NMQ said:

According to an argentinian journalist in Brazil, politicians across all parties are figuring out how to get the president out of his job before he kills thousand of people by being careless. 

Like by reopening all the roads, so for example tens of thousands of tourists are coming from pretty hard-hit São Paulo to the cities and towns on the coast, like has happened from yesterday evening on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are there any other users, who like me, are trying to avoid reading/listening/watching news about the Coronavirus? This doesn’t mean I’m not heeding warnings, or not listening to professional advice. It just means that I’m trying avoid news about the spread, severity, and state of Covid-19. For me, this has been a “ignorance is bliss” strategy for coping with what’s happening. I’m just curious how others a handling this.

It´s impossible to avoid. Basically every while various short alerts, announcements or state notices are broadcasted on all radios and televisions. There are notices about measures and how you should act everywhere. Cities and streets are empty, and the few people you can meet have masks. it is basically impossible to avoid it.

you feel it everywhere.