website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

14 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

To all the doctors in this group..... 

Hats off to you guys........ Where many of us are working from home where the worst may be watching a bad netfix episode... This is world War 3 and you are in the trenches in blood and grime..... :thankyou:

Stay strong..... Without a doubt this will turn

Thanks for this great post! Really means a lot to me!

I am an infectologist so COVID19 is my area of work and i am directly included in their treatment. 

And you are absolutely right, this is WWIII.

Edited by ChandlerMne

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Indeed.

There has been a long debate about it. unfortunately it was inevitable. The mandate of the previous government is officially ending today, and in order to maintain the continuity of the fight against the virus, the new government (crising stuff etc...) had to start immediatelly from today, and unfortunately according to our constitution it cannot happen without the constitutional opening pariamentary session meeting of today.

I am honestly stunned that in a country where people are obligated to use masks (instead of obligating people to come and give their masks to medical personell, but that's another point, of course it doesn't count for the not so effective self-made masks that are mostly just to feel safe), they can't find a way to say "Ok, because of these circumstances we can start the new government without everyone having to be physically together in one room for this one time" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am honestly stunned that in a country where people are obligated to use masks (instead of obligating people to come and give their masks to medical personell, but that's another point, of course it doesn't count for the not so effective self-made masks that are mostly just to feel safe), they can't find a way to say "Ok, because of these circumstances we can start the new government without everyone having to be physically together in one room for this one time" :p 

Different culture, different habits, you´ll never understand ours I guess :p

On 19/03/2020 at 18:35, phelps said:

yeah, today's numbers are really scary (at least, yesterday we had more than double recovered people than deaths...today there are more deaths than recovered people)...

and as always, around half the infected and the deceased people are in Lombardy...

yesterday a military convoy was organized to move bodies from the Bergamo province to other places to be cremated, as there's no place anymore in the infrastructures of that province...:cry:

I watched that convoy. More than scary.

I also watched scenes from Bergamo hospital. Havoc. 

13 minut temu, ChandlerMne napisał:

Just 12 or 13 (if we consider Greenland as a country) countries without Covid-19. 

I would say 11 as surely there is at least few cases in :PRK but of course we will never know about it...

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

I would say 11 as surely there is at least few cases in :PRK but of course we will never know about it...

That's not entirely true. In fact, this week Kim Jong-un himself as pretty much come out with a very, very rare statement saying North Korea is in big trouble.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

+5050 new cases in the USA and +4528 in Germany today :(

I wouldn’t be that shocked if we hit something like 10,000 new cases a day at some point. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn’t be that shocked if we hit something like 10,000 new cases a day at some point. 

It's looking very likely as the number of cases will rise exponentially before the curve spikes and it looks like the U.S. are just on the beginning of their curve.